Executive Officer (Asylum Operations Decision Maker/resettlement)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody had their interview yet and can give advice on what to expect? I've got mine tomorrow morning. :/

Also, have any of you been able to login to the manpower site to view their application? It's never let me do it since I applied, but would be useful to see exactly what I submitted about previous jobs etc.

Last week they put up an advertisement for an additional 150(ish) roles internally across the UK so must be having another big recruitment intake shortly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z89)
    I have my interview for this on Tuesday and I'm feeling quite nervous!

I have been to a similar interview within the civil service before for a Health & Safety Inspector but they don't give you feedback. Not sure what to do differently! Are you just going to talk about the competencies you wrote about in your application?
    I turned up on Friday to have my interview and no one had any record of me being scheduled for an interview and the interviewer had actually gone home. I was devastated- have emailed manpower to see what comes of it?!*

What location are you for? *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    I turned up on Friday to have my interview and no one had any record of me being scheduled for an interview and the interviewer had actually gone home. I was devastated- have emailed manpower to see what comes of it?!*

That's ridiculous! That said, it's not surprising - my experiences of Civil Service recruitment always seem to be really unorganised.

Fingers crossed manpower can get it rearranged for you though.

I've applied for Glasgow, what centre was it you were going for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z89)
    I have my interview for this on Tuesday and I'm feeling quite nervous!

I have been to a similar interview within the civil service before for a Health & Safety Inspector but they don't give you feedback. Not sure what to do differently! Are you just going to talk about the competencies you wrote about in your application?
    Thats what I am planning on doing lol.
    How did yours go ? Where are you doign yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    I've just had mine and reeled my competences off to them. It was quite quick. Is this your last week of interviews?

Feel I never said enough- did they say when you find out? *

ReputationRep:
    I've just had mine and reeled my competences off to them. It was quite quick. Is this your last week of interviews?

Feel I never said enough- did they say when you find out? *
    ooo how was yours rebecca?? How long did it last?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    ooo how was yours rebecca?? How long did it last?
    20-30 mins haha

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I thought 45 mins would be far too long if they were just ognna ask us the 5 compentencies "Tell me when you made a good decision..." etc.

20-30 mins haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    To be honest, I thought 45 mins would be far too long if they were just ognna ask us the 5 compentencies "Tell me when you made a good decision..." etc.
    yea it was more twenty minutes .....just a waitin game now. I shall keep you posted!! *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 312Kat)
    That's ridiculous! That said, it's not surprising - my experiences of Civil Service recruitment always seem to be really unorganised.

I'm in Glasgow too What time is your interview?

ReputationRep:

How was your interview today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    How was your interview today?
    Mine was better than expected I think. What about yours? You got any idea when we're likely to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was better than expected I think. What about yours? You got any idea when we're likely to hear back?
    Yeah mines was alright but i was really nervous so im a bit like buhhh. And no ideaaa I wanna know nowww

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied for this. The deadline was the 12th Sept. Gosh found the Verbal reasoning test a little weird.

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys use the same competency answers in your interview as you did in your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomad99)
    Did you guys use the same competency answers in your interview as you did in your application?
    When was your interview? I used the same answers. Do you know when we'll hear back?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview in August and was wondering the same prior to the interview. I just stuck with what i wrote in my application I found out my checks came back successful and was given a start yesterday! I start in November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamso)
    It went well and I got the job start in November. How about you?

ReputationRep:

Glasgow how did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z89)
    Glasgow how did you get on?
    Liverpool! Finally had my interview after two mishaps from their end; unsuccessful was my outcome.*

Good luck in the job!*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.