Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OMG sports is my favourite essay to do!!! Hopefully its not extreme sports though, then i am screwed😂😂

(Original post by joodaa)
    My teacher says sports is likely since it's only come up once before

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be nosey but what grade did you get? that is true, a spanish boy does it in my class and he gets near enough full marks every time, he is an absolute genius though, he is doing maths, further maths and physics and chemistry all in a foreign language!! I think he's going to Cambridge

(Original post by eleanor27)
    I know I won't get a higher mark this year though as well last year was a fluke ahahaha...
    Yeah agreed! Probably as so many native speakers do it.... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadmanhan)
    Sorry to be nosey but what grade did you get? that is true, a spanish boy does it in my class and he gets near enough full marks every time, he is an absolute genius though, he is doing maths, further maths and physics and chemistry all in a foreign language!! I think he's going to Cambridge
    I got an A (90%) and wowza he sounds amazing! :O

ReputationRep:
    are you guys going into the exam with memorised phrases that you're planning to use for the writing?

ReputationRep:
    are you guys going into the exam with memorised phrases that you're planning to use for the writing?
    last year I memorised generic intro phrases/paragraph leaders etc but not like specific sentences for each topic- I just made mind maps with general ideas and learnt those

ReputationRep:
    YOU GOT AN A😱😱😱😱thats amazing!! Im sorry but why in the world do you want to retake😂😂😂if i got an A i think i would faint

I got an A (90%) and wowza he sounds amazing! :O

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to memorise good essay phrases so my content mark isnt awful its so hard though, is there some essays you are just not bothering to learn??

last year I memorised generic intro phrases/paragraph leaders etc but not like specific sentences for each topic- I just made mind maps with general ideas and learnt those

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay I'll try that then Do you remember how long you spent on the writing section? I've had a look at some of the exemplar essays from 2014 and I have no idea how they managed to write sooo much

ReputationRep:
    YOU GOT AN A😱😱😱😱thats amazing!! Im sorry but why in the world do you want to retake😂😂😂if i got an A i think i would faint
    it's my school's policy you retake in year 13 unless you got 100% in year 12....
    I am trying to memorise good essay phrases so my content mark isnt awful its so hard though, is there some essays you are just not bothering to learn??
    I'm not really planning on revising tbh.... I could dig out some of my AS essays for you if you want? I think the lowest mark I got on one was 30/35....

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay I'll try that then Do you remember how long you spent on the writing section? I've had a look at some of the exemplar essays from 2014 and I have no idea how they managed to write sooo much
    I think I just spent the allocated time (is it 1 hour...?) doing the planning and writing in total

ReputationRep:
    it's my school's policy you retake in year 13 unless you got 100% in year 12....

I'm not really planning on revising tbh.... I could dig out some of my AS essays for you if you want? I think the lowest mark I got on one was 30/35....
    I'd love a look at a couple of your essays! I'm averaging 20 on mine so seeing where I could improve could be very beneficial to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know any good sites that provide resources for listening and reading practice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patek032)
    My teacher who has been absolutely amazing at predicting essays in the past thinks that something on Tourism will come up!
    No creo que el turismo aparezca de nuevo este año porque este tema estaba en la prueba del año pasado.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher says sports is likely since it's only come up once before
    Espero que el deporte esté en la prueba porque esto fue mi tema nominado

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know any good sites that provide resources for listening and reading practice??
    espanish.org.uk es un sitio web muy útil para practicar las habilidades de lectura.

Y diría que la mejor manera de practicar estas habilidades es a través de hacer las pruebas pasadas que puedes descargar desde http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...d-mark-schemes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imogenr)
    Espero que el deporte esté en la prueba porque esto fue mi tema nominado
    Ahh my nominated topic was on music but i would hatee for that to come up as an essay

ReputationRep:
    Thankyoh so much!!!

espanish.org.uk es un sitio web muy útil para practicar las habilidades de lectura.

Y diría que la mejor manera de practicar estas habilidades es a través de hacer las pruebas pasadas que puedes descargar desde http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...d-mark-schemes

ReputationRep:
    Sí, practicar con exámenes de años anteriores es una idea brillante. Sin embargo, en la página web de AQA solo puedes encontrar exámenes hasta el año 2013. En myspanishexam.com/resources hay exámenes de los años 2012, 2010 y 2009.

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone give me some points to write about for an essay on the effects of alcohol/smoking on health or opinions on drinking alcohol/smoking? I need 5 points to write about, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.1997)
    Please could someone give me some points to write about for an essay on the effects of alcohol/smoking on health or opinions on drinking alcohol/smoking? I need 5 points to write about, thank you!
    Is this your prediction of a topic that may come up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.