Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    start now... only use short words. switch off the interwebs.

GO

(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I think you can do it :dumbells:

Most universities have a +/- 10% on the word count so you only need to write 7,200 words to be within an acceptable limit. Throw in some gnarly, relevant quotes and 500 words on the introduction and another 500 on the conclusion and it's all looking a bit more achievable.

How much research have you done so far? If you know the subject and have notes I reckon this is achievable :bl:
    I admire your faith in the OP.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

I admire your faith in the OP.
    With the power of positive thinking and support from the community, OP can do it :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    Just don't do it..... Better not to do half hearted work
    What kind of option is not doing it. And get marks off for being late? Luckily my class is at night so I guess I can whip something up tomorrow lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    haha, yeah you've got no chance OP. Drink a beer and cry yourself to sleep.
    Jesus. You do know other onlookers are also in his situation right? (points to self)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by madman_is_here)
    Jesus. You do know other onlookers are also in his situation right? (points to self)
    Break it down in to sections and then focus on writing each section at a time :woo: Then the whole thing is way less overwhelming

ReputationRep:
    Puddles the Monkey We have an option of doing 6 pages tomorrow and the rest at another due date, or, submitting it all tomorrow for extra credit. But the 6 pages is still a big deal because then I can't even take it back lol

ReputationRep:
    Break it down in to sections and then focus on writing each section at a time :woo: Then the whole thing is way less overwhelming
    Oh didn't see this; yes exactly, might take the 6 page option. I have a killer outline though.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by madman_is_here)
    Oh didn't see this; yes exactly, might take the 6 page option. I have a killer outline though.
    I would definitely do the 6 page option - better to have a better grade overall and not worry about the extra credit, right? :beard:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    With the power of positive thinking and support from the community, OP can do it :dumbells:
    Also, use the fact that the bibliography may count and that makes the overall word count less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkSearle)
    I know someone who started an 5000 word essay at 10pm with it being due in the next morning. It was an economics essay at Warwick and they got a first. It might be possible, but to be honest, if I was you and the essay was important in anyway I'd do everything in my power to get an extension.
    That is not a human. 5000 words in one night???
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    More than doable, especially depending on the time of the deadline - for instance, if it's 11:59PM tomorrow (which mine usually are), then you have the day tomorrow to work on it too.

But even if not, get cracking, and you can manage it still. Just make sure to get rid of any distractions, and don't put it off any longer :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    ...what a time to be alive.

This is how the revolution begins
    See below.

(Original post by dp247)
    Here's a bot that will write 500 words on what you tell it to. Do that 16 times and you're sorted.

Edit: You can only see parts of what it writes unless you pay like $25 for 50 articles.
    It doesn't write 500 words. You give it a topic, it finds some relevant articles on the internet and rewrites them down to 500 words (with grammar,spelling and semantic errors). If you google samples of the output text, you will find the source article so Turnitin will deffo flag it up as plagiarism. Basically, it will be paying for 500-word plagiarised text.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    See below.

It doesn't write 500 words. You give it a topic, it finds some relevant articles on the internet and rewrites them down to 500 words (with grammar,spelling and semantic errors). If you google samples of the output text, you will find the source article so Turnitin will deffo flag it up as plagiarism. Basically, it will be paying for 500-word plagiarised text.
    I had a feeling this was how it worked.

I'm trying it out right now :beard: If its revision advice article is worse than mine then I will breathe a sigh of relief that my job is safe for at least a little longer

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what kind of essay! If it's a research paper, hahahahha good luck. If it's an English paper (lit, analysis, etc.), you've got a chance. Drink that coffee, blast some music and WRITE.

ReputationRep:

I'm trying it out right now :beard: If its revision advice article is worse than mine then I will breathe a sigh of relief that my job is safe for at least a little longer
    It's ok http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4018141

ReputationRep:
    OP I don't know about your uni, but at Warwick (and most unis I'm familiar with) there's a late submission penalty of 5% for each day that an assessment is overdue.

In this situation, I advise taking the hit. You need to be strategic; giving yourself that extra 24 hours will allow you to sober up, shower, eat etc and think more clearly.

I'd recommend taking ONE extra day, so if you can produce something that's a high 2:1 (67/68) you end up with a solid 2:1 (62/63). Alternatively, if you're someone who's usually capable of achieving good firsts, it's worth taking two days to get a mark of 75+ that will only come down to 65+.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    We need an update OP

How far along are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    OP I don't know about your uni, but at Warwick (and most unis I'm familiar with) there's a late submission penalty of 5% for each day that an assessment is overdue.

In this situation, I advise taking the hit. You need to be strategic; giving yourself that extra 24 hours will allow you to sober up, shower, eat etc and think more clearly.

I'd recommend taking ONE extra day, so if you can produce something that's a high 2:1 (67/68) you end up with a solid 2:1 (62/63). Alternatively, if you're someone who's usually capable of achieving good firsts, it's worth taking two days to get a mark of 75+ that will only come down to 65+.

Good luck!
    2012-2016 - University of Warwick - European Law (French)
    2008-2012 - University of Oxford - Modern Languages (French & German)

How did you manage to pay for the second degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    2012-2016 - University of Warwick - European Law (French)
    2008-2012 - University of Oxford - Modern Languages (French & German)

How did you manage to pay for the second degree?
    That's a little off-topic :P By carefully saving scholarship and bursary money, and working part-time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    That's a little off-topic :P By carefully saving scholarship and bursary money, and working part-time.
    Last off-topic question, how much was your tuition fee in your last year? I am guessing getting 9K together is not something folk nowadays can do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.