Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World Endurance Championship Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    so far audi, prosche, audi, porsche, toyota, toyota, bykolles
    They lapped the whole GT field in 8 Minutes!!!!
    The Rebellions are closing on the CLM!

Webber has caught Lotterer!!
    Porsche in the lead!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    what?! dang, i had to go for a quick pit stop :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    what?! dang, i had to go for a quick pit stop :|
    Woah Porsche on the grass!!
    Lotterer has some form of damage! We think!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    miss the sound of the flywheel of the r18 (at least we know the new model is efficient via the lack of sound)
    but agree, the number 7 car doesnt look as fast as it should be. also credit to toyota for being within half a minute webber

ReputationRep:
    @
    (Original post by quasa)
    miss the sound of the flywheel of the r18 (at least we know the new model is efficient via the lack of sound)
    Me too! Its defo efficient!

I want to see more of the GT's!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    imagine my surprise to find out audi got eliminated. then again, this is the pro porsche aco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    imagine my surprise to find out audi got eliminated. then again, this is the pro porsche aco
    I was suprised when i read it earlier!!
    Im an Audi supporter so im disapointed!!
    Congrats to Porsche #2

ReputationRep:
    quasa
    I have an urge to share this!

Have realized today that Silverstone is not a good track for Toyota. They generally run in a low downforce configuration therefore they will be better at Spa but will be challenging for race victory at LeMans. This is what I believe to be the case!

GT News: Ferrari dominated at Silverstone. However, look at IMSA and they are doing crap with the same car! Porsche and Corvette are annihilating them currently!
    I think there will be an almighty GT battle at LeMans between: Corvette, Porsche and Ford. Ford have been quick so far (in IMSA) and were sandbagging at Silverstone. Plus they've got 4 cars at LeMans so the data they can gather in practice will be immense!

Just felt like sharing that!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    quasa
    I have an urge to share this!

Have realized today that Silverstone is not a good track for Toyota. They generally run in a low downforce configuration therefore they will be better at Spa but will be challenging for race victory at LeMans. This is what I believe to be the case!

GT News: Ferrari dominated at Silverstone. However, look at IMSA and they are doing crap with the same car! Porsche and Corvette are annihilating them currently!
    I think there will be an almighty GT battle at LeMans between: Corvette, Porsche and Ford. Ford have been quick so far (in IMSA) and were sandbagging at Silverstone. Plus they've got 4 cars at LeMans so the data they can gather in practice will be immense!

Just felt like sharing that!
    prettymuch with the silverstone round toyota (and even audi, although the latter more discretely) confessed to running low downforce packages for le mans. porsche admitted to running a high downforce package which means their spa package should be fun.

gt: 488 GTE and GT3 are both rubbish cars imo . I was surprised ferrai got a 1-2 in silverstone and agree that ford is definately sandbagging (their aero alone makes it obvious they have a good race car + theyre using a detuned daytona prototype engine from imsa). the vettes I am surprised arent running wec this year tbh in pro but the labre one looked quick. porsche should be fascinating in GT but even they admit they are more focused on the p1 programme.

back to p1: there will be 3 packages for aero. question is what package will they run and and when will they run them

le mans, and maybe spa & bahrain will be low downforce as top speed is needed. mexico is apparently going to be the highest downforce circuit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    prettymuch with the silverstone round toyota (and even audi, although the latter more discretely) confessed to running low downforce packages for le mans. porsche admitted to running a high downforce package which means their spa package should be fun.

gt: 488 GTE and GT3 are both rubbish cars imo . I was surprised ferrai got a 1-2 in silverstone and agree that ford is definately sandbagging (their aero alone makes it obvious they have a good race car + theyre using a detuned daytona prototype engine from imsa). the vettes I am surprised arent running wec this year tbh in pro but the labre one looked quick. porsche should be fascinating in GT but even they admit they are more focused on the p1 programme.

back to p1: there will be 3 packages for aero. question is what package will they run and and when will they run them

le mans, and maybe spa & bahrain will be low downforce as top speed is needed. mexico is apparently going to be the highest downforce circuit.
    Indeed they did! Toyota said they were focusing on LeMans during the Silverstone race.
    Indeed it should! I look forward to Spa! It's usually a good race!

I agree there! They've been nowhere in IMSA so far. I'm not sure the Aston Martins are any good this year either tbh. Neither are looking strong for LeMans.
    I can't wait to see them at full speed! They'll be almighty! Yeah the aero is pretty extreme and the engine is not bad at all! They're really quick but haven't shown it yet!
    They've never run in the WEC though. I'd love to see them in it though, that would be awesome!
    Labre got 3rd in GTE-AM so that's not bad!
    Indeed! It's a shame they're not doing the WEC this year though (except LeMans). They've been mega so far but Corvette have been even quicker!

Low downforce will defo be used at LeMans! But not sure about the others really. High downforce at Mexico would make sense.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.