Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Brother is infatuated - failing A levels! watch

Announcements

(Original post by chikane)
    Whats so distracting about Facebook i hardly ever use it and don't see how it can take you away from your work.
    Consider yourself lucky then. It is for some people with addictive personalities, they can easily become hooked on it. Constantly checking notifications, news feeds, the number of likes a post has, stalking, PMs..honestly it's endless. Deactivating it is the only way for some people to have their mind at rest. It's not worth failing because of social media, that can wait whereas exams can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Consider yourself lucky then. It is for some people with addictive personalities, they can easily become hooked on it. Constantly checking notifications, news feeds, the number of likes a post has, stalking, PMs..honestly it's endless. Deactivating it is the only way for some people to have their mind at rest. It's not worth failing because of social media, that can wait whereas exams can't.
    I usually use text or whatsapp but if i do spend time on FB would be around 15 minutes. I get distracted on here more lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Don't you talk outside of school? on fb or on other social media? You will regret not asking her out also is she staying in sixth form at the school? cause you sound like you are doing Gcse's.
    I'm doing A2s not GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forumaddict)
    I feel the same way kind of I'm in year 13 and I'm actually completely crazy other a girl were not dating or anything she's just a crush but I think about her 24/7. I struggle to focus on revision often because my mind drifts off to daydreaming about her. Sometimes I try to motivate or reward myself like if I do this past paper I reward myself with 10 minutes of day dreaming about her. Sounds cringe but if I don't do it I get depressed because I like her so much
    Awhh
    Spoiler:
    Show
    DON'T FAIL YOUR EXAMS, but awh

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't care, you can't make him care. It's as simple as that. When your life goes down the drain, that is when people start caring for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forumaddict)
    I'm doing A2s not GCSEs
    This song is so you and you will regret not taking a chance you are a fool like it says in the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KB...ature=youtu.be

ReputationRep:
    Nobody appreciates being talked down to, that's probably where the negative behaviour comes from when you tried to help him. I know you mean well, but if he's not doing well, then it's all a bit confusing and annoying for him, and you trying to sort it out for him probably won't go down to well. I know it sounds odd, but often when you're in a stressful situation you can push others who're trying to help away.

Let him know you'll be there to help if A levels don't work for him, but don't try to push him too hard. Let him make his own choices, but know you're there. That's how I was when I was younger anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.