Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula2578)
    yeah i am just like you lol im very indecisive as well so i think i will do philosphy as u want to keep my options open. maybe after i graduate i will do a one year course in a specific subject. can i ask what uni you went to and what modules you studied because im very fussy and picky with modules. thanks
    I study at The University of Nottingham, and in my uni you are allowed to take a range of subsidiary modules (modules from any where in the uni) to make up any leftover credits you may have! You also have the core modules that you have to study!

Semester 1
    Core Modules:
    Introduction to Ethics
    Self, Mind & Body
    Reasoning & Argument: An Introduction to Philosophical
    Subsidiary Modules:
    Plato [the school of philosophy]
    Essentials of English [the school of english]
    Shakespeare's Histories [the school of english]

Semester 2
    Core Modules:
    Elementary Logic
    Appearance & Reality
    Subsidiary Modules:
    Issues in Feminist Philosophy [the school of philosophy]
    The Anthropology of Human Ecology [the school of archaeology]
    Addiction & the Brain [the school of psychology]
    Introduction to Global Psychology & Communications [the school of psychology]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amber1997)
    I study at The University of Nottingham, and in my uni you are allowed to take a range of subsidiary modules (modules from any where in the uni) to make up any leftover credits you may have! You also have the core modules that you have to study!

Semester 1
    Core Modules:
    Introduction to Ethics
    Self, Mind & Body
    Reasoning & Argument: An Introduction to Philosophical
    Subsidiary Modules:
    Plato [the school of philosophy]
    Essentials of English [the school of english]
    Shakespeare's Histories [the school of english]

Semester 2
    Core Modules:
    Elementary Logic
    Appearance & Reality
    Subsidiary Modules:
    Issues in Feminist Philosophy [the school of philosophy]
    The Anthropology of Human Ecology [the school of archaeology]
    Addiction & the Brain [the school of psychology]
    Introduction to Global Psychology & Communications [the school of psychology]
    thanks and i have one more question (sorry because i feel like im annoying u ) whats the student union and careers advice service like?? because sometimes they are not good and also im considering Nottingham as one of my 5 choices. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya Amber1997,

Thank you for your advice. I am wondering if I can do a joint honour with philosophy. I will ask them, but I am really confused about what I wanna do.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Paula, hope that you saw my answer to your question. I've replied but forgot to link it to you. read through all the answer.

Have a nice day.
    (Original post by paula2578)
    thanks and i have one more question (sorry because i feel like im annoying u ) whats the student union and careers advice service like?? because sometimes they are not good and also im considering Nottingham as one of my 5 choices. thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.