The Student Room Group

What is your view on Sufism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champ_mc99
I think you're similar to me. What kinda speakers do you listen to?

I listen to Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, Sayyidi Shaykh Muhammad Al Yaqoubi, Sayyidi Shaykh Habib Ali Al Jifri + the Habaib Shayoukh, Shaykh Yahya Rhodus, Shaykh Abdul Hakim Murad, Shaykh Abdullah Bin Bayyah, Shaykh Nuh Keller, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani... the list could go on but they're all traditional Islamic scholars and some are Sufi :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Abby_7
Its become a traditional to dance on the basis of worship even though it has not been told or reported by Prophet or Quraan. Its not mentioned in the Quraan or sunnah and thus does not hold the position to be form of worship.

If you lack knowledge like the rest of us in TSR, it's best not to create fights and controversy and hence, splitting the ummah apart. Peace.
Reply 22
Original post by Someboady
I listen to Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, Sayyidi Shaykh Muhammad Al Yaqoubi, Sayyidi Shaykh Habib Ali Al Jifri + the Habaib Shayoukh, Shaykh Yahya Rhodus, Shaykh Abdul Hakim Murad, Shaykh Abdullah Bin Bayyah, Shaykh Nuh Keller, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani... the list could go on but they're all traditional Islamic scholars and some are Sufi :smile:

Lol you're probably older and more knowledgeable than me for a list as large as that. I only recognize a few. :tongue:

Yeah we're in the same boat. :h:
Reply 23
If you lack knowledge like the rest of us in TSR, it's best not to create fights and controversy and hence, splitting the ummah apart. Peace.

I apologise, Not at all intending to create fights.
Reply 24
Original post by Abby_7
I apologise, Not at all intending to create fights.

Np. I understand. :smile:

Isn't the Ummah already apart with this sunni/shia thing?
Not to forget to mention the civil wars and things happening In Syria.
Reply 26
Original post by Dhanny
Isn't the Ummah already apart with this sunni/shia thing?
Not to forget to mention the civil wars and things happening In Syria.

It is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending