Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I know three design movements, a range of products for safety, ergonomics, anthropometrics, inclusive design, iconic and tech development. I know most the A2 content of design and market influences and I did the AS resit so I know most stuff on that. Do I need to know any other things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackhawkins21)
    when you talk about an inclusive/good design are you referring to an iconic design or something like a disabled toilet and its features? and how you answer a question testing seems quite tricky
    Omg yeah sorry I meant iconic design haha

ReputationRep:
    Yamyam you sound pretty good to be honest, look up some suistainability stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yamyam77)
    Basically I know three design movements, a range of products for safety, ergonomics, anthropometrics, inclusive design, iconic and tech development. I know most the A2 content of design and market influences and I did the AS resit so I know most stuff on that. Do I need to know any other things?
    Sounds fine, have you done ICT in design and manufacturing?
    And sorry to be a pain but have you got any notes you could possibly send as you sound quite prepared? haha

ReputationRep:
    i am really stuck on different processing method for metals and how much u should write for each question?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone learnt examples for the environmental life cycle thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozengerrrr)
    Sounds fine, have you done ICT in design and manufacturing?
    And sorry to be a pain but have you got any notes you could possibly send as you sound quite prepared? haha

Absolutely despise ICT so just left it I think, done some stuff on modern manufacturing tho like JIT etc!
    And sure what's your email I'll email it because they're al hand written to I'll take pics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yamyam77)
    Absolutely despise ICT so just left it I think, done some stuff on modern manufacturing tho like JIT etc!
    And sure what's your email I'll email it because they're al hand written to I'll take pics
    Omg I know right?? I hate it too, I just did it today aha
    and cool thank you so much, I'll pm you

ReputationRep:
    Really dislike wood. Would be thrilled if inclusive design came up, injection moulding, dont mind JCB, Im okay with design movements. Really dont like wood, material finishes, technological developments and so on. I really dislike this exam already :///

ReputationRep:
    i am a bit stuck on design movements and the sort of questions that could up on it anyone got any ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben12pot)
    i am a bit stuck on design movements and the sort of questions that could up on it anyone got any ideas
    Its came up before have a look at the past papers! But it would be like 'Compare and contrast the designers and product within two design movements of your choice' or 'Discuss the characteristics of a design movement of your choice and key designers within it'. Something like that! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I was just wondering is it worth knowing a few topics of the book quite thoroughly, or is it better knowing less information but considerably more topics.

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping that anything to do with health and safety doesn't come up. And I would say...if you think that a certain topic wouldn't come up, look over it just in case

ReputationRep:
    HELP ME-
    Question regarding marks and grades.

I got 155/165 out of coursework over AS and A2, and a C in AS theory, and really need an A overall for my A level to get the grades for my Uni offer.

Does anyone know roughly how well I need to do for the PROD3 exam on friday in order for me to get an A? I am slightly panicking as I can never answer any of the past papers and never get higher than 10/24 etc.

any help or guesses would be really appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosahenderson)
    HELP ME-

I got 155/165 out of coursework over AS and A2, and a C in AS theory, and really need an A overall for my A level to get the grades for my Uni offer.

Does anyone know roughly how well I need to do for the PROD3 exam on friday in order for me to get an A? I am slightly panicking as I can never answer any of the past papers and never get higher than 10/24 etc.

Get around 60/84. That's an A*. Been around that mark for the past few years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosahenderson)
    HELP ME-

you will need to get around 80 ums marks which last year was 49 marks

ReputationRep:
    A few topics haven't come up in a while or in fact never come up at all. I've revised robots and materials testing therefore. Something to do with nanotechnology could also pop up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben12pot)
    you will need to get around 80 ums marks which last year was 49 marks
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muctarrio97)
    Get around 60/84. That's an A*. Been around that mark for the past few years
    cheers!!

ReputationRep:
    Is the answer book actually unlined ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.