Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Outraged our new headteacher is making us drop a GCSE after 2 years. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Lol you didn't start GCSEs in Y8, the title is so misleading.

If you started GCSEs in Y10, you have only been doing it for 7 months.

With the new changes, it's perfectly reasonable to be doing fewer GCSEs.
    I meant we started in 2014 not year 8
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Please bear in mind that we'll be one of the first years taking the new Harder GCSEs and there are no past papers that can prepare us for that. We have nothing to go on but the new teaching syllabus
    Except everyone else will be in the same position.

ReputationRep:
    Can she do this. It really pi**** me off I was doing just fine in all of my subjects and now I have to drop one because my year is a Guinea Pig year. Can we protest or anything to keep the same things were doing now. Urgh If only I was born in 1999 as opposed to 2001. I know its about quality over quantity but this shouldn't be happening since were 2 years in already couldn't they try this on the next year? I've been speaking to all my teachers and they said its a bunch of tossh aswell. Urgggh That new head has been an utter pain ever since she arrived. I swear am seriously slacking now.

The change wont happen till September 2016 is there anyway this could be prevented till the. Bear in mind I'm in Year 10 and our mocks are in June. They can't just drop a bombshell on us like this. I've been feeling very doscouraged lately and my Mum is pi**ed too. Atter all the progress I've been making. I have not suffered through 5 years of hell in this sh!thole for nothing.

Ok sorry for my over reaction and language I've just been so put off by this lately and can you believe they were gonna make us do our mocks next week after that assembly. Thank God it was moved to June urghhhhh!
    you're in year 10 enjoy life while you can and at the end of the year drop the subject you hate most

ReputationRep:
    I meant we started in 2014 not year 8
    We started doing it early.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    In fact if i wasnt going to fight the system i would have identified the one I wanted to drop and be trying significantly less in that.
    Think you can manage to muster your year into a strike?
    Get yourself into the DM doing a sad outrgaed face.

Strike maker or revolutionary would look great on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    At least there will be one posotive we'll be given the benefit of the doubt...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Same ! I have 25 but i take 11 subjects

ReputationRep:
    You guys are right I should just give up.

(Original post by surina16)
    second this
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have 25 :eek4:
    Haha

(Original post by zanner)
    this is very true

also OP school forced me to drop further maths bc they were 'concerned with it affecting my normal maths gcse'

>gets A* in maths twice in mocks
    >gets A in fm with 3 days revision and 0 lesson time being taught FM

dont worry if i can get over that you can get over thIS
    I gettt you, but I dont intend on being detrimental, I'm just saying you WONT regain any optimism by sharing your problems on tsr, if her school made her drop a subject then appeal, phone, do something physical not social if you know what I mean. If people did that, what a better world would this b

ReputationRep:
    Can she do this. It really pi**** me off I was doing just fine in all of my subjects and now I have to drop one because my year is a Guinea Pig year. Can we protest or anything to keep the same things were doing now. Urgh If only I was born in 1999 as opposed to 2001. I know its about quality over quantity but this shouldn't be happening since were 2 years in already couldn't they try this on the next year? I've been speaking to all my teachers and they said its a bunch of tossh aswell. Urgggh That new head has been an utter pain ever since she arrived. I swear am seriously slacking now.

The change wont happen till September 2016 is there anyway this could be prevented till the. Bear in mind I'm in Year 10 and our mocks are in June. They can't just drop a bombshell on us like this. I've been feeling very doscouraged lately and my Mum is pi**ed too. Atter all the progress I've been making. I have not suffered through 5 years of hell in this sh!thole for nothing.

Ok sorry for my over reaction and language I've just been so put off by this lately and can you believe they were gonna make us do our mocks next week after that assembly. Thank God it was moved to June urghhhhh!
    What subject is it? Schools are judged differently now, with certain subjects weighted more highly than others so that may be a factor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.