Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite guitar solo? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Is it that you don't like metal? Haha, not enough credit goes to Javier! He could play circles around most guitarists as well.
    Yeah thats definitely true. Hes awesome. Probably because Tosin is the founding member i guess.

I listen to metal about 95% of the time. Only rock i listen to is The Winery Dogs, Poison (just one album so far) Joe Satriani (who has some crazy solos and deserves a mention in here for sure) and Richie Kotzen.

I just find Animals as Leaders a little too complicated for my tastes. Theyd probably grow on me if i really wanted it to, but meh. The talent is incredible though.

ReputationRep:
    Little wing

ReputationRep:
    Don Felder and Joe Walsh - Eagles

ReputationRep:
    The solo used in 'Time' by Pink Floyd. Whenever I hear that song and it builds up to that one moment I will always, and without fail, proceed to stop whatever I'm doing, close my eyes, and have this overwhelming feeling come over me of pure epicness I can't even express just how brilliant it is. It's one of my all time favourite songs as well
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Bit of a wildcard, but the guitar solo at the end of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson is pretty epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    The guitar solo at the end of Like a Daydream by Ride always get's me somehow, it's not even particularly spectacular just something about it.

Johnny Marr's guitar solo in Bigmouth Strikes Again is great...

The guitar solo in Soma by Smashing Pumpkins probably wins it for me though, probably the most emotional guitar solo I know of, the guitar actually sounds in pain, but at the same time it's beautiful and melodic...

EDIT: Somehow I forgot the solo in Are You Experienced by Jimi Hendrix :facepalm2: which is musical perfection...
    Bigmouth is brilliant, its a pity marr wasn't very inclined to solos though, if this thread was about riffs...

ReputationRep:
    I'd never be able to decide on one favourite, so here's one of my favourites;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSnowy)
    Bigmouth is brilliant, its a pity marr wasn't very inclined to solos though, if this thread was about riffs...
    I think it's great that Johnny Marr wasn't inclined to solos, he just focused on writing great songs overall, and yeah, I think he's pretty much unmatched when it comes to guitar riffs...

ReputationRep:
    Either Funkadelic - Maggot Brain:

Or the solo from Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60Mo_Nmydg
    (the solo starts about 3 minutes in)

ReputationRep:
    Neon - John Mayer the live one in LA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.