The Student Room Group

I hate media AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KyleH123
Multiple sources that I trust a lot more than most as they have no reason to deceive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNkqenD3Whc
watch that, mostly the first 10 minutes or so. 2 very smart individuals.

What sources do you check?
I can't watch the link atm. :redface: Who are the individuals that you've mentioned?
Original post by Rhythmical
Analysing a film in terms of camera shots and angles, setting etc really. And working out the intended audience and why they were targeted. That was more GCSE to be honest. And I'm doing an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media so it is all coursework based as my school scrapped the A Level version. My projects this year have entailed coming up with a film idea and writing the production schedule and everything about it. Creating film posters for a TV series and coming up with a game idea and doing case studies. And we learn a lot about the process of how films are made, how to write scripts and the inside process in terms of everything. I did want to do a Media degree but it'll get me nowhere so an English degree is miles better.

I'm guessing you've done essays on specific films? If so, which films?
wow coming up with a whole film that's pretty impressive o.O

I see, what do you plan on doing with an English degree? (that you couldn't do with media)

Spoiler

Reply 22
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
What sources do you check?
I can't watch the link atm. :redface: Who are the individuals that you've mentioned?

They are regular joes with big brains. One was a previous PhD student. I think you should watch it when you get a chance. :smile:
Original post by alkaline.
I'm guessing you've done essays on specific films? If so, which films?
wow coming up with a whole film that's pretty impressive o.O

I see, what do you plan on doing with an English degree? (that you couldn't do with media)

Spoiler

Oh wow this is going back several years haha. All I remember is analysing the Dark Knight Rises. Most times I've analysed adverts really and coming up with a film is cool but it took so long as I had to do everything, cast, parts of the script, film posters, synopsis, research into the legal issues etc. And I want to do journalism and script writing if possible. I'd love to film make too. And my backup plan is to teach English so I need an English degree for that! But actually most people in the media industry have English degrees as it's generic and has transferable skills.

Quick Reply

Latest