Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to lose weight when I can't exercise help please ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm female, 6'1 and weigh pretty much the same as you and for me I find that not eating doesn't do a thing for me but if you drink plenty of water it helps flush out the system as it were so just keep a water bottle close by and take regular sips ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for all your replies turns out I've broken three bones in my back so it's going to be a very long time till I can exercise. I've just has to accept its inevitable I'll put on weight !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi1233)
    Thank you so much for all your replies turns out I've broken three bones in my back so it's going to be a very long time till I can exercise. I've just has to accept its inevitable I'll put on weight !
    No it's not.

If you just track your calories like has been suggested to you by numerous people on this thread there is absolutely no reason for you to gain weight, and you can still lose weight without exercise.

If you go into this deciding you have been defeated of course you are going to gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less calories than you burn. Avoid eating anything filled with fats and sugar. Drink lots of water and eat fruit and veg this helps a lot with your skin.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's important to give a gentle reminder that your health comes first. While you may not want to gain weight, please do not drastically restrict your calories to do so. As you are not exercising, this would certainly increase muscle wastage, when, I would presume, you need as much as you can get in order to heal well.
    It's inevitable that you will face some muscle wastage, and probably some weight gain from being sedentary. Instead of focusing mainly on keeping the weight off now/losing it, maybe you should refocus your energy on getting better, and planning for how you can rehabilitate yourself and get back to exercise and fitness when the time comes. Obviously don't be silly and go piling on five stone from eating junk food, just make sure you're treating your body how it deserves to be treated while you're healing. Don't rush it.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You arent listening to what people are telling you. It isnt inevitable. The most effective weight control is by managing what you eat so you are at maintenance. that means calorie counting. You will only put on weight if you eat more than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You arent listening to what people are telling you. It isnt inevitable. The most effective weight control is by managing what you eat so you are at maintenance. that means calorie counting. You will only put on weight if you eat more than this.
    Sorry weight was the wrong terminology, I should have said muscle tone etc I was very fit and toned and obviously that's going down the pan! I completely get what you mean eating wise, unfortunately my medication has the side effect of weight gain. Itching to get back into fitness its very very boring only being able to lie down and do nothing all day every day!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry weight was the wrong terminology, I should have said muscle tone etc I was very fit and toned and obviously that's going down the pan! I completely get what you mean eating wise, unfortunately my medication has the side effect of weight gain. Itching to get back into fitness its very very boring only being able to lie down and do nothing all day every day!!
    You can get back into it once you're well again. Just don't give up and give into defeat, it'll only make the climb back to being physically fit and active that much harder.

ReputationRep:
    i have an idea GO VEGAN
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    i have an idea GO VEGAN
    lol no

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.