Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzywaterbottle)
    I did section 2. For section 1, What were the roman cities doing? And what was the bit in the direct speech? It started with an imperative i think?
    The direct speech did start with an imperative, and the cities were yielding to the Romans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...3Achapter%3D45 this is the section of Livy it was taken from
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    what revision is everyone doing for the lit? how many quotes are people learning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adaword)
    what revision is everyone doing for the lit? how many quotes are people learning?
    What are you learning quotes for? The 10 marker? Also if it is for the 10 marker, are you learning the English or Latin

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to put quotes? I got told to refer SPECIFICALLY to sections but no English quotes are really needed?

ReputationRep:
    my teacher told us to learn quotes in Latin and in English from both Ovid and Cicero for the essay question to back up points

Do we have to put quotes? I got told to refer SPECIFICALLY to sections but no English quotes are really needed?
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    What are you learning quotes for? The 10 marker? Also if it is for the 10 marker, are you learning the English or Latin

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that there's absolutely no need to quote as long as we can closely paraphrase - so the same as you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.