Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Spartan)
    100 c1
    100 c2
    98 s1 (-_-)
    298/300.
    OMG WHAT? HOW? I have 4 weeks till my C1 . help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by te.lope)
    OMG WHAT? HOW? I have 4 weeks till my C1 . help!
    It ain't hard
    just work hard pretty much it LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
    It ain't hard
    just work hard pretty much it LOL
    For my mocks I revised and got and E , feels like I played myself tbh

ReputationRep:
    oh i got 98/100 UMS
    Ik how u feel i first kept getting U's start of the year
    And then i got the hang of it after all I'm a further maths student

ReputationRep:
    Do past papers! They work (I pwomise )
    Not at all. Do as well as you can
    Most of all, DONT STRESS!

ReputationRep:
    If you follow past papers back c. 10 years, attempt the questions and learn how to approach the questions you can't do, you're more or less guaranteed a decent grade.A lot of questions come up time and time again with different numbers/variables/etc. so knowing how to do all of the questions previously set is very useful.

They will put new stuff on the exam (often interesting twists to make conventional questions a little more difficult) and they do depend on some level of mathematical ability but for most, at least some are pretty manageable and even if you get all of them wrong, unless the exam paper you're sitting is particularly mean, you can still get a pretty good grade.

An A at GCSE is a decent start for A-Level. My teacher used to say that in some sense A-Level was easier because you could be sure exactly what topics would come up (pretty much all of them) whereas for GCSE, it is a guessing game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlan)
    If you follow past papers back c. 10 years, attempt the questions and learn how to approach the questions you can't do, you're more or less guaranteed a decent grade.A lot of questions come up time and time again with different numbers/variables/etc. so knowing how to do all of the questions previously set is very useful.

They will put new stuff on the exam (often interesting twists to make conventional questions a little more difficult) and they do depend on some level of mathematical ability but for most, at least some are pretty manageable and even if you get all of them wrong, unless the exam paper you're sitting is particularly mean, you can still get a pretty good grade.

An A at GCSE is a decent start for A-Level. My teacher used to say that in some sense A-Level was easier because you could be sure exactly what topics would come up (pretty much all of them) whereas for GCSE, it is a guessing game.

Thanks for your answer

ReputationRep:

What did you get for GCSE and a level maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    What did you get for GCSE and a level maths?
    A*s in both

ReputationRep:
    A*s in both
    Did you also dos further maths as well?

ReputationRep:
    Did you also dos further maths as well?
    I didn't unfortunately as my sixth form didn't offer it. I almost picked a different sixth form just so I could do FM but backed out because I was familiar with the teachers/students at my sixth form of choice.

ReputationRep:
    i am predicted an A for GCSE maths this year, although maths doesn't come naturally to me, How difficult would A level maths be for me? I have asked my maths teacher and he said it was piss soo....
    I enjoyed GCSE Maths and came out with an A as well as a B in Further Maths so I started AS Maths but I hated it... I dropped it after 2/3 months but I think it was based on the teacher not subject itself. I'd advise trying it - if you don't like it you can always change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth_marsden)
    I enjoyed GCSE Maths and came out with an A as well as a B in Further Maths so I started AS Maths but I hated it... I dropped it after 2/3 months but I think it was based on the teacher not subject itself. I'd advise trying it - if you don't like it you can always change
    Apart from the teacher, was the content hard?

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the teacher, was the content hard?
    I think I found the content hard to understand because of the teacher but I reckon with a good teacher it shouldnt be too bad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.