The Student Room Group

Unit 5 Physics Edexcel A2 and Edexcel IAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Thanks dude

We haven't finished space so I haven't done any papers. Focusing on Unit 6 rn.. Wbu?

B0aty :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: Boys for our lost soul! Kappa

Just joking, make sure you go spoderman on unit 5 so you can get that 110/120 for your A*.

We're all gonna make it brah! :moon:
Original post by physicsmaths
Yes I think. Lol you need a C.
Physicsmaths plan for Zacken
Unit 4 is easy just maths and some other ********.
SHM is piss so is thermal energy.
**** unit 6.
Nuclear decay just say not accurate and random ****.
Astrophysics just say hydrogen helium reacts fuel depletion bang stars and holes.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy QED

Posted from TSR Mobile

This motivates me for the summer. Here i come A2 physics :rofl3:
Yes I think. Lol you need a C.
Physicsmaths plan for Zacken
Unit 4 is easy just maths and some other ********.
SHM is piss so is thermal energy.
**** unit 6.
Nuclear decay just say not accurate and random ****.
Astrophysics just say hydrogen helium reacts fuel depletion bang stars and holes.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy QED

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read that as QED = Quantum electrodynamics.. :laugh: now I'm feeling like
you referred to quite easily done :lol:
Reply 23
What UMS did u get for Physics AS. It was really high iirc and you need an A right?

What'd you get in AS fam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Thanks, yeah well I have everything to lose as to get into my firm I ideally need A*A*-A*A in Maths/Physics because I have a B in History. :rant: @History #NeverAgain

Ah, its okay. You still have 8-9 weeks before the exam ish, which is plenty of time. Unit 5 is easier than unit 4 and I agree the monster of unit 4 is electromagnetism but it isn't too hard once you've done a large number of past papers as the core principles are the same. What's :hide: is looking at 1st year electromagnetism content as a future Physics student. I'm sure there will be some elements of electromagnetism in your course at uni, if not then definitely in the later years. :lol:

Unit 6 I got 54/60 just keep bugging your teachers to review your work and bring several drafts and go over it countless number of times. What is your experiment on? *flashback* .... How would unit 6 work since your a IAL student? :erm:

Tbh only time to get complacent is when you score full raw marks & even then you should compare any alternative marks awarded on MS.

Damn, why didn't you do FM instead? It's probably easier to get an A in it than history. :lol:

Ah, I'm not too worried about getting an A in physics because I need a C in A2 to get it. If I wanna get the A* I'm gonna have to work a lot harder than that though.

You're right - I've looked at the syllabus and it covers electromagnetism! But it's probably a bit nicer because it's less wordy and more mathematical using calculus and vector stuff. :biggrin: I feel like I've improved in it since last time.

Unit 6 works in the same vein the theory papers do. It's a written paper with a written unseen experiment. We just have past papers for that.
Original post by Ayman!
Damn, why didn't you do FM instead? It's probably easier to get an A in it than history. :lol:

Ah, I'm not too worried about getting an A in physics because I need a C in A2 to get it. If I wanna get the A* I'm gonna have to work a lot harder than that though.

You're right - I've looked at the syllabus and it covers electromagnetism! But it's probably a bit nicer because it's less wordy and more mathematical using calculus and vector stuff. :biggrin: I feel like I've improved in it since last time.

Unit 6 works in the same vein the theory papers do. It's a written paper with a written unseen experiment. We just have past papers for that.

I only had a 'B' at GCSE maths and my college wouldn't allow me to do it, which goes to show how much GCSEs show a person ability. :facepalm: I'm going to self-teach FM (FP1-3, M2) over the summer so I ease the transition and don't find myself behind on day 1.

I found AS History fun, dare I even say 'fun' but A2 was a :shot: .
Damn, you lucky git :lol: only a 'c' for a 'A' overall. :tongue:
Yeah, to get the A* you actually have to :work: for it but in a way you might aswell just for the record
of saying +1 more A*. :biggrin:

I have a feeling you might want to eat those words when you start university :laugh:
How come you don't do STEP from what I assume? What about doing it just as a challenge if it isn't
apart of your university offer? :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Signing in, is this everyone's last exam?
Original post by Joshthemathmo
Signing in, is this everyone's last exam?

Na got D2 the next day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I read that as QED = Quantum electrodynamics.. :laugh: now I'm feeling like
you referred to quite easily done :lol:

QED = quod erat demonstrandum and it's what you stick at the end of a proof.
Original post by Zacken
QED = quod erat demonstrandum and it's what you stick at the end of a proof.

Proper ****ing latin and **** ygm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Proper ****ing latin and **** ygm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

posh mathmos lads
(edited 8 years ago)
Na got D2 the next day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if decision 'maths' counts (although i dropped d2 so idk if it becomes any more useful)
I have a diagram that fits together all the cosmology stuff that my teacher made us draw, shall I share? It literally helped me so much to piece everything together
Original post by samb1234
Not sure if decision 'maths' counts (although i dropped d2 so idk if it becomes any more useful)

Haha lol.
I ain't even learnt it yet lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
I have a diagram that fits together all the cosmology stuff that my teacher made us draw, shall I share? It literally helped me so much to piece everything together

Yes please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34

Yes definitely!
20160421_175222.jpg
Here we go! I hope it helps (had to add some filters to the picture to make the writing sharper #mucharty) @Ayman! @physicsmaths
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha lol.
I ain't even learnt it yet lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol the last time i used decision maths was when i used the first fit bin packing algorithm to work out which bin I should put my mock paper in
Reply 37
20160421_175222.jpg
Here we go! I hope it helps (had to add some filters to the picture to make the writing sharper #mucharty) @Ayman! @physicsmaths

This is awesome and really nice to read - thank you!
Original post by Ayman!
This is awesome and really nice to read - thank you!

You're very welcome :biggrin: x
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1461260099.858111.jpg
Lol, I don't want this examiner marking my paper...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending