Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being single at 23 years old. Watch

And I meet so much people every week. I don't know why it's so hard for me to find someone suitable for me. People do not get it also because I meet so many different people due to my professional and work life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Sad reflection on modern British society that people think it's an absolutely bad thing to have not had a relationship at 23, this isn't China you know!
    OP isn't complaining about not having had children and/or getting married at 23. It;s not having had a partner of any kind, or just casual sex. It isn't normal to have not had sex at 23 if you want to have done that. As an animal we have sexually matured enough well before that age.

Also this thing of us pushing back having children until our 30s isn't inherently bad but it isn't necessarily good either.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I went on like twenty dates in the past 2-3 years and I don't want to date anymore because it hurts every time to be considered as no more than a sexual object. So I gave up.
    Then maybe you need to rethink your stragey. You wont meet people crying away. You have to meet others, maybe do soem classes or activities? Ynfortunately if you dont like it some men are going to see you sexually, but it doesnt have to be a bad thing. Move on past them and eventually you will find someone you like.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Then maybe you need to rethink your stragey. You wont meet people crying away. You have to meet others, maybe do soem classes or activities? Ynfortunately if you dont like it some men are going to see you sexually, but it doesnt have to be a bad thing. Move on past them and eventually you will find someone you like.
    I do move past them because I look for a committed relationship. I don't want to have sex just to have sex.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    That's fine so adjust your plan and think of where you might meet different sorts? If you wnat a commited relationship and you are a bit too focused on it then that can come across as too serious too soon for some. Make sure you get the balance right.

ReputationRep:
    go mgtow

https://www.youtube.com/user/SandmanMGTOW/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBk...agtl7EQ/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/MorgueToeTag/videos

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Dude, 23 is still so young. Most people these days actually don't get married and have kids until later in life. You shouldn't worry and try to rush this. It will come at the right time. Not everyone meets 'the one' at the same age. Take this time to focus on yourself and do things that make you happy. Once you can fully love yourself and find happiness within yourself can you truly offer love to anyone else.
    where yeh in the same position as OP? did that advice work for yeh?

Hi, my brother is 25 and tbh for all that I know he has never been in a serious long term relationship either. He says this is because all the girls he likes are either taken or just not interested. What I would say is if you like someone who you know is single maybe just ask them out of a drink or something and get to know them you never know they may like you back? I myself have a best friend who has been with her fella since year 11 she is 20 now and they are engaged and this made me feel sad because I cannot even get a boyfriend lol what I will say is don't lose hope you never know who is just around the corner (metaphorical speaking) maybe it's just not the right time yet for you to have one but there is no harm at all in asking someone out on a date and if they too are interested then that's already a head start!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.