Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

20th Apr: How often do you procrastinate? watch

ReputationRep:
    All the time. I write one sentence of an essay then I think of something interesting I can look at on the web, and spend like hours procrastinating. I'm doing it right now

I procrastinate procrastinating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Im always procrastinating. Always have done and havent overcome it yet.
    Same!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm procrastinating now- I really don't have the motivation to finish my oceanography report. It's so dull! Deliberately made a dinner that would take a long time to cook and prepare to get out of writing it for an hour or so. My friends and I then decided to "roast" another friend for 40 minutes. After this, I then spent 20 minutes searching how to make the perfect hot Milo so it wasn't watery (because there's nothing worse than a watery hot drink, y'know, top priority thoughts at this time), made said Milo, drank Milo, immediately afterwards decided I was peckish and rather than my usual "meh I'll wait til later" I saw it as an excuse to leave my room and further prolong writing this stupid report (so did my friend because she left her room to come and get jelly and have a discussion on procrastination as soon as she heard me go to the kitchen). Spent another 10 minutes looking around the kitchen deliberately slowly for a snack. Now on TSR talking about my procrastination.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Procrastinate? Masturbate?

ReputationRep:
    I procrastinate everyday
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jivi)
    I procrastinate everyday
    Procrastinating now?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a master in procrastination , wish i wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzyrainbow)
    I procrastinated on reading, then replying to this thread. I could probs get a 1:1 if this was a BA subject.
    Probably not, BA's are incredibly harder than BSc due to the fact you need to be creative and not just regurgitate information for a memory test

ReputationRep:
    I procrastinate quite a lot. However, when it comes to assignments I find that once I've chosen to focus on it, I can get it done pretty efficiently. Unfortunately I only really tend to get into this mindset within the last few days of the deadline..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedTeacher)
    Probably not, BA's are incredibly harder than BSc due to the fact you need to be creative and not just regurgitate information for a memory test
    not true, I did (but didn't complete) a BA Journalism, most of it was memorization and regurgitation :P I'll hopefully be starting BA German this Sept, and since it is a language course it'll most probably be memorization and regurgitation as well xD

ReputationRep:
    not true, I did (but didn't complete) a BA Journalism, most of it was memorization and regurgitation :P I'll hopefully be starting BA German this Sept, and since it is a language course it'll most probably be memorization and regurgitation as well xD
    I achieved a first-class without much memorization at all. It was how I used the learning experience to develop new ideas and bring in independent thought. From that I developed strong analytical, critical and evaluative skills I never thought I could have. That to me, is true learning and the difference lies in what you can do with the information other than blurt it back out. How do you take that learning experience to develop further?

I apologise for my rude post too, I thought you was serious disparaging the BA's. They're just as valid as BSc.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I procrastinate a lot.I think most people find it hard to change state like if you are procrastinating now it is very hard to revise the opposite is true though when I do work I often work very hard sometimes working for 24 hours in a row.This applies to most things in live like it is very hard to go to sleep at night and also very hard to wake up on the morning.

I am disappointed with my procrastination there is so much revision to do particularly for Physics and I am running out of time just over 3 weeks left till exams.

ReputationRep:
    I achieved a first-class without much memorization at all. It was how I used the learning experience to develop new ideas and bring in independent thought. From that I developed strong analytical, critical and evaluative skills I never thought I could have. That to me, is true learning and the difference lies in what you can do with the information other than blurt it back out. How do you take that learning experience to develop further?

I apologise for my rude post too, I thought you was serious disparaging the BA's. They're just as valid as BSc.

Good Luck!
    didn't see it as rude tbh, just thought i'd have to prove i'm creative or something i kid i kid. I agree with what you said about the skill sets developed in the programme, which is what I'm hoping to achieve on this second try. Would you say though, that history modules can be done without a lot of memorization? I've never been good with academics though, so I'm just setting my bar at a mid 2:1 range and I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahdw)
    I procrastinate quite a lot. However, when it comes to assignments I find that once I've chosen to focus on it, I can get it done pretty efficiently. Unfortunately I only really tend to get into this mindset within the last few days of the deadline..
    Its all about changing state thats what I find difficult and its the same for most people like once you've started doing some work you are likely to do a lot but starting it can be hard when you have been procrastinating for days.

ReputationRep:
    didn't see it as rude tbh, just thought i'd have to prove i'm creative or something i kid i kid. I agree with what you said about the skill sets developed in the programme, which is what I'm hoping to achieve on this second try. Would you say though, that history modules can be done without a lot of memorization? I've never been good with academics though, so I'm just setting my bar at a mid 2:1 range and I'll be happy.
    Have you ever seen the film 'The History Boys', where they're A-Level students (doing history) and they're slated for writing boring (but yes, correct) essays.

Anxious to impress, the boy points out that when Chamberlain resigned as prime minister in 1940, Lord Halifax rather than Churchill was his preferred replacement. But on the key afternoon when the decision was taken, Halifax chose to go to the dentist. "If Halifax had had better teeth," the boy points out, "we might have lost the war."

That is original thinking with information learned!

ReputationRep:
    I may have a First Class degree but I left school with nothing

Not about being good with academics, it's about reflection and being open to development and the best you can be. Being motivated and having that desire to succeed. But I guess the key to all that is PASSSION.

ReputationRep:
    I never procra

ReputationRep:
    Constantly!

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen the film 'The History Boys', where they're A-Level students (doing history) and they're slated for writing boring (but yes, correct) essays.

Anxious to impress, the boy points out that when Chamberlain resigned as prime minister in 1940, Lord Halifax rather than Churchill was his preferred replacement. But on the key afternoon when the decision was taken, Halifax chose to go to the dentist. "If Halifax had had better teeth," the boy points out, "we might have lost the war."

That is original thinking with information learned!
    Very interesting!! thanks for your replies, I have taken something out of them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.