Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    my depression is similar, and recently it got very bad, i applied for EC and see my gp every week. in my gp's letter, she wrote that ive never been depressed before, i was very withdrawn, and that im unfit to work etc

im just worried my ec form wont get accepted. what are my chances? have you applied for it before? how did it go?
    Well I've only applied straight for an interruption this year. I found people in my department very understanding though and my interruption got accepted very easily (the lady I talked to pretty much suggested it herself and it's her permission I needed). This shouldn't be a new situation to your university, it happens a lot. If your gp says that you are unfit to work then hopefully they should accept that, though I guess you could ask someone at your uni for opinion if you are worried.

I've only applied for EC on basis of physical illness, but it pretty much also consisted of a "unfit to work" letter. Whatever the reason, universities should probably trust the doctor's opinion when they say a person is unwell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadile)
    Well I've only applied straight for an interruption this year. I found people in my department very understanding though and my interruption got accepted very easily (the lady I talked to pretty much suggested it herself and it's her permission I needed). This shouldn't be a new situation to your university, it happens a lot. If your gp says that you are unfit to work then hopefully they should accept that, though I guess you could ask someone at your uni for opinion if you are worried.

I've only applied for EC on basis of physical illness, but it pretty much also consisted of a "unfit to work" letter. Whatever the reason, universities should probably trust the doctor's opinion when they say a person is unwell.
    thank you for replying

and i hope so, im just really worried now. alot of people are reassuring me that it will be fine, but its causing me so much stress and thinking of it being rejected is making me anxious

i hope youre well now x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.