Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    that was an okay paper, not terrible, not good.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the 1.2 side of paper except the sports star and the train to train question. But thought the 1.1 wasn't great.
    What are characteristics of static stretching?
    And I didn't know the structural and functional definitions and relationship between them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe123)
    I liked the 1.2 side of paper except the sports star and the train to train question. But thought the 1.1 wasn't great.
    What are characteristics of static stretching?
    And I didn't know the structural and functional definitions and relationship between them?
    Couldnt think of 2 disadvantages for static :/ but yeah i agree, this was my retake from last year and i thought it went a lot better

ReputationRep:
    Not sports specific

Doesn't replicate sporting movements.

ReputationRep:
    what was the question on PNF? I left that question as a had no idea whatsoever!

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know what the three reasons were that physical activity is used to tackle obesity??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe123)
    does anybody know what the three reasons were that physical activity is used to tackle obesity??
    Obesity is increasing in england, puts extra strain on the nhs heath care, obesity means you are more likely to have a poor diet and more likely to suffer from other concerns such as metabolic syndrome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby.2015)
    Obesity is increasing in england, puts extra strain on the nhs heath care, obesity means you are more likely to have a poor diet and more likely to suffer from other concerns such as metabolic syndrome
    what about the question following that saying why is physical activity used to tackle obesity or something similar wording?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe123)
    what about the question following that saying why is physical activity used to tackle obesity or something similar wording?
    Cant remember sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe123)
    what was the question on PNF? I left that question as a had no idea whatsoever!

Assisted stretching, increased ROM etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe123)
    Because exercise burns Kcal's, breaks down fat and increasing BMR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PE 2016)
    Because exercise burns Kcal's, breaks down fat and increasing BMR
    Oh I didn't write that at all!
    I put because exercise helps burn fat, because it's enjoyable and all ages can do it, and because it's cheaper than medication and can be done for free really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaaix_)
    Oh I didn't write that at all!
    I put because exercise helps burn fat, because it's enjoyable and all ages can do it, and because it's cheaper than medication and can be done for free really
    That as well! There will be **** load of examples they will accept on this. Hopefully a high scoring question.

Also, why are there 2 threads on this ?

ReputationRep:
    That as well! There will be **** load of examples they will accept on this. Hopefully a high scoring question.

Also, why are there 2 threads on this ?
    Ah I don't know! let's stick to this one haha

ReputationRep:
    Ah I don't know! let's stick to this one haha
    12 markers were fair. Professional and Ametur sports also. I hope they don't just want financial incentive for that. I put for the love of the sport with getting paid and then earning a wage from sport.

Structural and function questions were OK. I thought 1.2 was easier.

ReputationRep:
    12 markers were fair. Professional and Ametur sports also. I hope they don't just want financial incentive for that. I put for the love of the sport with getting paid and then earning a wage from sport.

Structural and function questions were OK. I thought 1.2 was easier.
    Ah I also didn't know exactly what to put for that question with the rationalization of sports? I know what it means but couldn't think of the exact definition so I tried to describe it as best I could haha

ReputationRep:
    Ah I also didn't know exactly what to put for that question with the rationalization of sports? I know what it means but couldn't think of the exact definition so I tried to describe it as best I could haha
    Think I out organised and fair games. Something like the Oxbridge rules etc

ReputationRep:
    Think I out organised and fair games. Something like the Oxbridge rules etc
    How are you all finding a2?? Had any mocks?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.