Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you ever have lost a friend... watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    i wasn't the closest of friends with him so i was support for those closer to him at the funeral and wake
    Aw.

ReputationRep:
    I lost one of my closest friends to suicide about two and a bit years ago. She had gone to Ibiza in that summer to stay with her sister and got pregnant by some guy. She tried to contact him when she found out and he denied that he even did anything with her.

She slashed her wrists in the bath about two weeks before her birthday and left me a suicide note telling me she was sorry.

Not a single day goes by when I don't think of her and going to her funeral was absolutely heartbreaking for me.

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't really a friend, but when I used to visit my grandad in India, the son of the lady who used to help out around my grandad's used to come play in the house too. He was about 5 years younger than me and some days he used walk in if his mum was there and check if I was awake or not to see if we could play. That was so cute, he was an adorable child.
    He passed away 4 years ago from typhoid, he was only 11
    Even though we hadn't spent much time together, he was a sweet child and I feel sad whenever I remember he is no longer alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    RobML Your friend's story is sad
    Yup, my best friend from childhood passed away last year after a fluke aortic dissection. Still doesn't feel right.

I lose friends like bad pennies, honestly i am so bad at keeping them. Idk why this is really but i am probably the contributing factor considering that it happens so often in the following way:
    Like someone > get to know them > they get to know me/find out how crap i am/manipulate me > drop me
    So haven't lost friends in a bereavement sense (though i am very sorry for anyone that has :hugs:) just lost them by scaring them away
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I do understand this, a lot of my friends are only my "friends" if I help them out, if I need them then they have disappeared. I'm too much of a nice person people tell me, too naive but I can't shake it off.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I wouldn't consider someone a friend if I felt they were using me. I over analyse everything as darkred will confirm so I'd notice if effort wasn't reciprocal. I refer to friendships which were seemingly find and then disappear once the person is exposed to new people. I can't be angry for this. We all evolve as people and perhaps they'd moved past me!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I wouldn't consider someone a friend if I felt they were using me. I over analyse everything as darkred will confirm so I'd notice if effort wasn't reciprocal. I refer to friendships which were seemingly find and then disappear once the person is exposed to new people. I can't be angry for this. We all evolve as people and perhaps they'd moved past me!
    True. That's why I keep a small circle of friends.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.