Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Once again the closet racism on TSR is becoming apparent.

If you're not good enough for a job and someone is better, tough. Competition is good and increases our productive potential. complaining about how 'we whites are getting are jobs taken by foreigners' is what losers do. Get a grip and improve yourself instead of crying about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Why be so specific? Certain races have been much more helpful than others. Muslims are at the 'lesser helpful' end of the scale. Indians for example are hard working, law abiding, peaceful citizens.

So because of our actions 200-250 years ago we get penalised for it? Does Turkey get penalised for the slaughter of Armenian Christians, and the Ottoman Empire? What about China, for their actions under Genghis Khan?
    Name:  confused.png
Views: 97
Size:  100.5 KB

Indian isn't a religion, or if you knew that then you didn't know that Islam is a religion. Basically, you can be an Indian Muslim, for example it's the same thing as a British Muslim. You can be British and Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Its because good hard working muslims have helped build up the economy by founding businesses and doing the jobs lazy white Brits don't want to do. In contrast you Brits raped and pillaged a quarter of the world which is why people from these countries have to immigrate in the first place.
    Anyway what is the difference between the acts of British pilgrims and how many of the American Indians reacted to them, and the certain immigrants here and how a minority of people nationalistically respond to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Name:  confused.png
Views: 97
Size:  100.5 KB

Indian isn't a religion, or if you knew that then you didn't know that Islam is a religion. Basically, you can be an Indian Muslim, it's the same thing as a British Muslim.
    I assumed he was talking about Asian Muslim men.

Thanks for the heads up. I literally had no clue that Islam is a religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Its because good hard working muslims have helped build up the economy by founding businesses and doing the jobs lazy white Brits don't want to do. In contrast you Brits raped and pillaged a quarter of the world which is why people from these countries have to immigrate in the first place.
    Brits were also the first to abolish slavery. Pass me a biscuit please.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by richard10012)
    Should the government make businesses only employ british people? Migrants from Europe think of UK as a very attractive place to live as they learn the language while at school. How many eastern europeans live in Germany compared to the UK? In the UK it is not compulsory to learn a different language so we have an unfair advantage when thinking about living in a new country. More and more migrants with degree are now coming to the UK, taking jobs. Job
    vacancies are now at all time low.
    Your last point is incorrect. There are currently around 700,000 job vacancies (a near record) and more than 400,000 are full time.

In answer to your question the answer is no, i don't support restricting employment to natives however i'm not opposed to restricting elements of non-EU immigration and also spouse immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    EU migrants are unequivocally good for the UK. They're more educated and fill skilled jobs that the native population can't.
    That's a lie. The majority of EU migrants are low-skilled workers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    And a larger majority of British natives are low-skilled workers. Can't be bothered finding sources right now, but I posted a thread ages ago that links to a study. Something like ~35% of EU migrants have a degree compared to ~25% non-EU migrants and ~21% UK natives.

ReputationRep:
    And a larger majority of British natives are low-skilled workers. Can't be bothered finding sources right now, but I posted a thread ages ago that links to a study. Something like ~35% of EU migrants have a degree compared to ~25% non-EU migrants and ~21% UK natives.
    shhh dont upset our narrative pls they're all romanian gypsies who claim benefits

ReputationRep:
    That's the same case with british workers too.

Honestly, your superiority complex has really given you a distorted perspective on the whole issue.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really trust those figures if you don't provide a source. It also doesn't change the fact that there are still vast numbers of low-skilled EU migrants coming into the UK...

Migration Watch UK found the almost three quarters of Eastern Europeans working in the UK are in the low skilled jobs. A fair amount of these are pretty likely to claim tax credits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    That's the same case with british workers too.

Honestly, your superiority complex has really given you a distorted perspective on the whole issue.
    I'm not trying to suggest that British people/workers are somehow superior. I was simply saying that the majority of EU migrants coming to the UK are low skilled workers. That is a fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Once again the closet racism on TSR is becoming apparent.
    Racism because someone is suggesting creating jobs for British people? Hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    35% is very low

ReputationRep:
    EU migrants are unequivocally good for the UK. They're more educated and fill skilled jobs that the native population can't.

Unemployment has been going down for a while. If you're getting outcompeted by people who don't even speak English as a first language, maybe you should've tried harder in school.
    no they take jobs of plumbers and builders they also don't earn enough to pay for the public services that they use

ReputationRep:
    Racism because someone is suggesting creating jobs for British people? Hilarious.
    Jobs which a great amount of British people aren't qualified enough to carry out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    Jobs which a great amount of British people aren't qualified enough to carry out?
    That's besides the point.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to suggest that British people/workers are somehow superior. I was simply saying that the majority of EU migrants coming to the UK are low skilled workers. That is a fact.
    Yet the issue here is that they are taking british jobs. If they're better than low skilled british people then that's tough, should have made use of their education. If 'immigrants stealing our jobs' is really an issue, it just shows that these immigrants are better workers than the natives. Proposing that natives should have some form of advantage is just a passive form of discrimination, hence why there is a superiority complex

Really, you're 'fact' is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    That's besides the point.
    Not necessarily. The point is to create a job, and get someone that is qualified enough to fill it. You shouldn't be guaranteed a job due to being a native...

ReputationRep:
    Giving jobs to people specifically because of their race/ nationality and being a 'native' is discrimination.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.