Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If you had time stopped for 5 years, what you would study? watch

ReputationRep:
    Classics - I'd love to become an expert on Latin, Greek or Sanskrit - & Theology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Human Social and Political Sciences at Cambridge, before doing the Masters I'm going to be doing at Cambridge anyway.

ReputationRep:
    What a great answers you guys

ReputationRep:
    Something random that I'm interested in, but not a lot of job prospects, so either Chinese history or conspiracy theories!

ReputationRep:
    The history of BDSM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would probably end up writing books, but probably study for a levels the last 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Secterian Issues in Lebanon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would start pursuing one of the goals on my bucket list, which is to read Anna Karenina in its original form aka learn Russian.

Or I would do a BA in Middle Eastern Studies (idk if that is a thing in the UK, but they have it at Norwegian unis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by selmss)
    I would start pursuing one of the goals on my bucket list, which is to read Anna Karenina in its original form aka learn Russian.

Or I would do a BA in Middle Eastern Studies (idk if that is a thing in the UK, but they have it at Norwegian unis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh that is interesting! To get the full Tolstoy experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Ooh that is interesting! To get the full Tolstoy experience?
    Yeees, I'm a huge Tolstoy fan, and his depiction of 19th century Russian society is so fascinating, and I think my impression of it would be more complete if I read it in Russian. However, there are like several pages that consist of full blown French dialogue, so I guess I should put French to that bucket list as well hah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by selmss)
    Yeees, I'm a huge Tolstoy fan, and his depiction of 19th century Russian society is so fascinating, and I think my impression of it would be more complete if I read it in Russian. However, there are like several pages that consist of full blown French dialogue, so I guess I should put French to that bucket list as well hah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I loved AK, it was absolutely beautiful. I too would love to read it executed in the pure Russian format!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.