Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What were you doing 10 years ago? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Getting wasted at house parties because that's cool. :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I would have been 13 and I'd have been in my goth/mosher phase where I wore nothing but black and had thick eyeliner. I had long dyed black hair down to my bum and then cut it into a boy cut the following year. I would have been in second year at secondary school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would have been at school, I guess, back in grade 4, maybe experiencing my first school setback as I couldn't understand fractions at all.

ReputationRep:
    A 6 year old that was addicted to Pokémon Diamond

ReputationRep:
    Just ****ing some hot *****es
    Pretty impressive for a 9 year old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I was probably drinking in the park with my friends or just generally on road. Ecko tracksuits and K-Swiss trainers.

I think I'd have had my pink Razr at this time.

I wasn't doing anything useful.

I'd have had a rugby match tomorrow so would be going fairly easy on the weights.
    ^^ This aged 17 minus the rugby.

99.9% chance I was stoned.

Possibly getting chased by the police.

In hindsight generally going nowhere.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    ^^ This aged 17 minus the rugby.

99.9% chance I was stoned.

Possibly getting chased by the police.

In hindsight generally going nowhere.
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

ReputationRep:
    Acing my KS3 Sats

ReputationRep:
    Ahh i was 7 , so i was probably playing Pes 2005 on my ps2

ReputationRep:
    Had just had a baby, and finishing my Masters.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    In school! PS2 was around - good ol' times!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ****ting myself (not literally) for 2 weeks at the weeping angels.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    10 years ago I had an almost-7-month old baby. I was being a stay-at-home-mum.

ReputationRep:
    Wellp, I was 7/8 I'd have been stressing out about having to face the bullies at school the next day whilst either playing Lego if was raining, or mooching about in the garden if it wasn't.

I loved that garden, it was a refuge from the bullying and was like my very own lab. I had only just come across the concept of atoms at that time and I'd dedicated my life to studying them at that moment. I'd previously discovered the law of pressure being the force applied per unit area and the ideas of stress and strain by experimenting with rocks and strings in the garden.

I used this to smash open rocks so I could study the patterns inside them, like how the structure had broken. The shapes on the surfaces of the newly exposed rock showed whereabouts on the structure weak points were, and from there you can extrapolate to get an idea of the internal structure of it. Logic dictates that the rock structure depends on how the atoms/ions/whatever are arranged. So I was able to get an idea of what it looked like on a microscopic level. Of course, this can only really tell you things like "is it ordered or amorphous," "is it crystalline," etc.

Later on I discovered the idea of resonance by chance when I was absent-mindedly hitting a tree branch. I must've been day dreaming because I remember hitting it at regular intervals and then the next thing I knew was that the branch was swinging like crazy, you could actually hear the wood starting to snap. When I stopped it there were these areas where the bark had stretched and broke and others where it'd sort of smoodged and crinkled up, it was so damn cool! Anyway, I used this to perfect my art of rock smashing. It meant I could just tap a rock with a smaller one until it split in half, it made much cleaner cuts too. It did take a lot longer though, since I had to play around with the tapping frequency to find the right one.

I had a weird childhood... :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I was 16 and it was a Sunday so probably either revising for GCSEs or playing GTA San Andreas on the PS2, probably the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Probably playing Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even remember what i was doing 10 days ago nevermind 10 years ago

ReputationRep:
    Playing up in Year 7!

ReputationRep:
    Probably with friends having a sleepover.

How I miss those carefree years. :sad:

ReputationRep:

Story of my life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.