Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you actually want to do with your life? Watch

I wanna be a doctor , write a book , visit every country of the world if that's even possible. I wanna live.

(Original post by Blondie987)
    No freaking idea, I was just having an existential crisis about it half an hour ago
    :console: :hugs: you'll find

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    :console: :hugs: you'll find
    Ty Frenchie! I hope so lol

ReputationRep:
    I have a check-list of things:
    Don't be single
    Don't be homeless
    Don't be a ****

I'm a very ambitious individual with lots of plans, you see.

ReputationRep:
    I want to design and build my own airplane and then travel the world with it. I want to see as much as I can because there is so much to be experienced, yet I have done so little with my life.

My goals aren't to better society or make the world a nicer place to live in. My aim is purely selfish and I am fine with that. I guess I just want to live for myself because that way I won't screw up anyone else's lives.

ReputationRep:
    Disappear

ReputationRep:
    My ultimate professional goal is to become a human rights lawyer and work for the UN. I'd also like to write a book

ReputationRep:
    I want to obtain a PGCE, do a masters. Have a family, before having a family travel and enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    Everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justabitwearden)
    Answer as honestly as possible please ^_^
    There are some brilliant answers so far! To answer it myself I pretty much just want to break down social barriers as much as possible and truly understand the people around me. In a more real life perspective I want to do a maths degree then waste my time working out what I actually want to do as a career whilst pursuing some sort of scientific research to help others.

I hope that this thread manages to make people reflect on themselves a little and connect with people who also share the same ambitions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to start up a car detailing business at somepoint in my life!
    I really want to work with cars!
    I also want to get married one day to an amazing girl and live a happy life with her.
    I'd also love to move to Canada. Suits my lifestyle more than the UK

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I would love to be a primary school teacher or I would end up teaching at a secondary school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    inner peace

peace out yo

ReputationRep:
    Tenure position at a university as a Physics professor or researcher.

Compete in Mens Physique at least 3 times in my life.

Visit all the places on my to-do list.

Marry a girl that lifts.

Get a cute little husky.

Have 2 kids maximum (boy+boy OR boy+girl) =/= girl+girl

ReputationRep:
    12 gems

honestly i would love to be a voice actor but i'd be disowned by fam even though i know i could do it

ReputationRep:
    Mostly I want to make my family proud and happy, cringey I know haha!

Study subjects that I'm passionate about, such as medicine, so I can gain insight into knowledge about the intricate functioning of the human body, how diseases can be treated and overall how improved knowledge of science provides progress towards the amelioration of society. Thus I want to become a doctor, allowing this knowledge to help others and improve their quality of life.

Learn new languages. Already fluent in Spanish and have a wide knowledge of French but I want to develop these languages and go on to learn Italian. The idea of communicating with a wide range of cultures is so exciting, that I can delve deeper into their traditions and beliefs, read their literature and overall belong more to their country. It's unbelievable that languages allow people to relate on a level that was otherwise impossible.

Travel the world. Similar to languages, I love experiencing new cultures firsthand. I would love to visit South America, Africa, New York, California, Thailand... I would love to incorporate that with medicine, for example by volunteering in those countries whilst also undertaking visits to their famous landmarks and indulging in their society. I'm actually going to Sri Lanka next year and I am SO EXCITED!!! Mostly I can't wait to see the elephants and the beach (I have this obsession with beaches - they are so beautiful), but it will also be amazing to meet the locals, particularly the children, and help them achieve a more fulfilled education.

I would love to start a family and have children one day too. I just want to lead a good quality life and experience as much as possible

Oh and if time permits, I would love to write a book. Maybe go into academia once I'm older and teach medical students, although this is quite ambitious since it's unlikely I will become a medical student myself. Just keep trying I guess

ReputationRep:
    help people and make money while doing it

ReputationRep:
    I want to be an actress
    Live in London
    Prove my "family wrong"
    And idk just be free and happy
    This is v cringe, sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chill

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.