Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your opinions on non-binary people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    they/them? how can you be more than one person
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    All this labelling and sub-typing is getting ridiculous now. It's like "Well, punk is dead... goth is dead... how else can we refuse to conform? Oh, I have an idea!!!". You're either a male, female or trans, why complicate it any further? Do you enjoy outcasting yourself as much as humanly possible???

ReputationRep:
    If you prefer hexadecimal then thats fine by me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, not really any of my business how people chose to identify themselves, I just have the ability to treat people with respect anyway, unlike many others on this forum and elsewhere.

As for things in wider society, like gender-neutral bath rooms etc, I'm fully on board because I think de-gendering many things I our society is a positive for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    This is just ridiculous. First there was 'transgender' now there's non-binary as well? In my opinion, this is just delusion. If you have a penis you're a man, if you have a vagina you're a woman.

I would call a person what God made them as, not what they 'identify' falsely as. If I identified as a cat, should I be called a cat? No. It's offensive to God who made us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    All this labelling and sub-typing is getting ridiculous now. It's like "Well, punk is dead... goth is dead... how else can we refuse to conform? Oh, I have an idea!!!". You're either a male, female or trans, why complicate it any further? Do you enjoy outcasting yourself as much as humanly possible???
    speshul snowflakes will always be special snowflakes

'tis a sad sign of the times

ReputationRep:
    50 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    That's not what non-binary people identify as though, is it?

poor refutation 2/10
    no but you said that the reason society splits gender in to 'male' and 'female' is to make non-binary people look stupid for identifying as something that is biologically impossible. being non-binary is identifying as something that isn't strictly male of female, just like intersex people are not strictly biologically male or female, therefore it is biologically possible. society labels people as male and female bc it's easier and it works for most people.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal for teenagers to find a label to describe themselves with, even if it doesn't make sense to other people. There used to be goths, emos, sk8ers etc. This is just one of them. Have you realised that we don't have any more emos or goths and instead have this special snowflake syndrome? Times change, labels change.

ReputationRep:
    THis kids hair makes him look like pudsey the bear

ReputationRep:
    This is utterly absurd. There are only two genders: male and female.
    How long will it be until people start identifying as non-humans and expect society to accomodate their bs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    This is utterly absurd. There are only two genders: male and female.
    How long will it be until people start identifying as non-humans and expect society to accomodate their bs?
    Well... there's already this thing called "Other-kin/Therian"...

ReputationRep:
    Don't care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeniViciVidi)
    Don't care
    great post

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.