Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Update 03/05/16

I really need to start making the most of after school from now on...

Astronomy - I found out what I got in my second piece of coursework - 18/20 which is awesome! That means I'll be walking into the exam with 25% done at a really high standard (possibly A* when you add my first piece)! This should help boost up my grade from the written paper a bit (and my confidence lol)! Wrote out weaknesses from recent past papers.
    Chemistry - Did my mock today! I think it went reasonably well! Reviewed the Salts & Electrolysis topic.
    German - Learnt and tested myself on new vocab.
    Geography - Reviewed Mountains flashcards, will probably make a mind map tomorrow.

I'm finding it a little hard to prioritise, is everyone focusing on their first few exams at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Update for 04/05/16

First ever Astronomy mock today! :eek:

French - Learnt and tested myself on new vocab
    Chemistry - Found out what I got in my C2 mock - 50/60 which was an A*! I'm so happy I managed to get back into the 50s (even if only just!)
    Geography - Completed tourism exam questions
    Astronomy - Tested myself on all my astronomy flashcards (took about 3 hours!) I'm not 100% ready for this mock but I'll give it my best shot!

ReputationRep:
    Update 05/05/16

The Astronomy mock went surprisingly well! Probably helped that I did about 2 hours of revision at school before the exam!

I didn't plan to do a lot this evening as it was a long exam and I needed a break! I went for a really nice, long walk with my family which was very relaxing.

Only managed to do...
    R.E - Made flashcards for Believing in God topic

Got an English mock tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Sorry I haven't updated for a few days - I was busy with a birthday party last night and instead of doing a morning update, I thought I'd leave it until the evening so i could tell you what I've been up to today...so this update is for Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Chemistry - Made a huge (it really is massive) poster on the whole of C1 (it took forever!) - I realised how close this exam was and I really thought I should give it some time! Completed C1 past paper - one mark into A*! Also completed some C3 questions.
    R.E - Made flashcards on Rights & Responsibilities and Matters of Life & Death topics. Completed Unit 2 past paper - will get teacher to mark.
    Geography - Made scruffy mind map on Mountains topic. Attempted half a past paper but was a bit tired after 2 papers already - I will continue when I have gone over some of the other topics. Also, looked through a skills paper and found some areas to work on (i.e map reading)
    English - Looked at some examiner reports for some past papers to improve my answers
    Physics - I've been neglecting Physics a little, will look at some P1 gcse science videos this evening
    Maths - Watched some videos on some trickier topics & completed past paper
    Astronomy - Reviewed section 3 flashcards

I think I'm ready for most of my exams in the first week! I should also find out what I got in my Astronomy mock tomorrow...
    Hope you've all had a productive weekend!

ReputationRep:
    Update 09/05/16

Hi everyone! I found out what I got in my Astronomy mock.....I got an A*! In Astronomy! I was like 'have I been given the wrong paper?' I'm so happy!!! I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself and be disappointed if I don't do as well in the actual exam but it's given me a lot of motivation and made me think it's possible I can get a good grade in this exam!

Geography - Made mind map on coffee topic
    R.E - Made flashcards on Environmental & Medical Issues section
    German - Learnt & tested myself on new vocab
    Physics - Watched video about P2 Electricity & did questions
    Astronomy - Did a load of multiple choice questions online (176 to be precise!)

1 week today and I will have done my first exam! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Update 11/05/16

I’ve been slacking and not posting on here recently! I’ve been busy revising, I promise!

This is what I did yesterday and today…
    Chemistry - Did C1 questions yesterday and exam paper today - 54/60!
    R.E. - Made Marriage & the Family and Peace & Conflict flash cards. Teacher marked past paper - 81/84 which really surprised me!
    Geography - Completed past paper questions
    Maths - Did 2 half papers
    Astronomy - Did more multiple choice questions

Exams are so close now but I’m managing to keep stress levels down (for now at least!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Update 11/05/16

I’ve been slacking and not posting on here recently! I’ve been busy revising, I promise!

This is what I did yesterday and today…
    Chemistry - Did C1 questions yesterday and exam paper today - 54/60!
    R.E. - Made Marriage & the Family and Peace & Conflict flash cards. Teacher marked past paper - 81/84 which really surprised me!
    Geography - Completed past paper questions
    Maths - Did 2 half papers
    Astronomy - Did more multiple choice questions

Exams are so close now but I’m managing to keep stress levels down (for now at least!)
    Well done !! You've done a lot What is your exam board for science? AQA?
    If so, are you ready for the upcoming unit 1 exams ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Well done !! You've done a lot What is your exam board for science? AQA?
    If so, are you ready for the upcoming unit 1 exams ?
    Aww thank you! Yeah, AQA - I'm ready for C1 but I'm leaving my major P1 revision for after C1! Are you ready for your unit 1s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aww thank you! Yeah, AQA - I'm ready for C1 but I'm leaving my major P1 revision for after C1! Are you ready for your unit 1s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries I'm ready for B1 but for C1 i feel like i need to do a bit more during the weekends P1 i guess i'm okay
    How are you revising for them ?

ReputationRep:
    No worries I'm ready for B1 but for C1 i feel like i need to do a bit more during the weekends P1 i guess i'm okay
    How are you revising for them ?
    I've made a lot of revision material, but I might make a huge poster summarising all of P1 just so it's fresh in my mind before the exam, like I've done for C1. And past papers of course! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've made a lot of revision material, but I might make a huge poster summarising all of P1 just so it's fresh in my mind before the exam, like I've done for C1. And past papers of course! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, i've made Q&A's for everything i need to know Same here i might make a mind map about everything so it's really fresh in my mind Also lots of past papers because in 2015 B1 there was a question that was similar to one of the past papers

ReputationRep:
    Update 13/05/16

Forgot to update yesterday - oops!
    Got my English mock back today - I got full marks on both questions so that has really boosted my confidence for that exam!

(This is for today & yesterday)
    Maths - Completed past paper
    Chemistry - Reviewed to find weak C1 topics to work on this weekend & my teacher also gave us her predictions today so I will have a look at those topics too!
    Physics - Watched videos for P1 & started P1 poster that I will work on over the weekend
    R.E - Made Community Cohesion and Crime & Punishment flashcards - flashcards complete!
    French - Learnt & tested myself on new vocab - we did our last past paper at school before the exam on Tuesday! :eek:
    Astronomy - Completed past paper

It's going to be a busy weekend!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey guys
    If your doing B1 AQA GCSE then please could you help me out
    You know when you get questions about Immunisation,Antibiotic resistance and Vaccinations how do you guys answer them because they ask it in so many different ways which confuses me so badly Do you guys have any tips ?
    If you have exam questions on this please could you share it with me
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Update for 14/05/16

I decided to focus on my exams that are towards the end of the coming week and the week after so I can dedicate lots of time to the nearer ones today!

Physics - Carried on making P1 poster
    Chemistry - Explained electrolysis to my family & started making a C1 quiz
    Astronomy - Past paper
    Physics - P1 Past paper - got 48/60 on a specimen paper which I am really pleased about!
    French - Used vocab tester
    Geography - Made more flashcards for coffee topic as we had been given some more information in class
    RE - Reviewed flashcards for Unit 2 and looked at past paper questions so I could think about what I would put

Today I’m going to focus more on RE, Chemistry 1 & Astronomy, I expect!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Update for 14/05/16

I decided to focus on my exams that are towards the end of the coming week and the week after so I can dedicate lots of time to the nearer ones today!

Physics - Carried on making P1 poster
    Chemistry - Explained electrolysis to my family & started making a C1 quiz
    Astronomy - Past paper
    Physics - P1 Past paper - got 48/60 on a specimen paper which I am really pleased about!
    French - Used vocab tester
    Geography - Made more flashcards for coffee topic as we had been given some more information in class
    RE - Reviewed flashcards for Unit 2 and looked at past paper questions so I could think about what I would put

Today I’m going to focus more on RE, Chemistry 1 & Astronomy, I expect!
    You've done sooo much well done !! Good luck in your exams , wish you all the best

ReputationRep:
    You've done sooo much well done !! Good luck in your exams , wish you all the best
    Thank you!! Best of luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thank you!! Best of luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries and thank you

ReputationRep:
    Update 15/05/16

My first exam is tomorrow!!! :eek: RE!

Chemistry - Carried on making C1 quiz and did the last paper I have for C1 - the specimen paper! I got 52/60 which I was very pleased about. I lost most of my marks on one question about metals!
    Astronomy - Did practice calculation questions
    RE - Reviewed all Unit 2 flashcards and got my family to test me on them - I think I’m ready for the exam!

Good luck to anyone else with exams tomorrow! I’ll let you know how I get on…

ReputationRep:
    I've got my first (and only) exam on Friday. I'm in year 10, so I'm taking astronomy this year. I really nervous but I've been taking loads of past papers. I be also been taking online tests and I've written out the whole syllabus, as well as notes on random topics. I'm hoping for an A/A*, but you never know how it'll go.

ReputationRep:
    Update 16/05/16

First exam done! I think it went pretty well - I could answer all of the questions and I had loads of time left at the end to check my answers!

French tomorrow...

Geography - Made poster on Similarities & Differences
    Astronomy - Started marking past paper
    RE - Reviewed 2 sets of flashcards for the Wednesday exam
    French - Went over key vocab from textbook, got my family to test me
    Chemistry - Carried on making quiz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.