The Student Room Group

M1 Vectors

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
good point what next? i have no idea we have distance... final distance, time, constant velocity so this means a=0

soooo i'm done? 600i\mathbf{i}+400j\mathbf{j} is my final answer? no... pythagoras

so 6002+4002=721m\sqrt{600^2 +400^2} = 721 m thanks a ton :smile:

Well done :borat:
Reply 21
Original post by SeanFM
Well done :borat:

it took me 5 minutes to make that post, not proud xD
it took me 5 minutes to make that post, not proud xD

Latex can be confusing :redface:
Reply 23
Original post by SeanFM
Latex can be confusing :redface:

not the latex the question xD

Spoiler

not the latex the question xD

Spoiler

It's okay, you worked out the question mostly by yourself. On vectors in M1, they can ask you slightly more tricky things, but you don't need to worry about how to do things as long as you get enough practice on hard questions such that you look at the question and go 'right, this is the diagram I need to draw, this is what information I have been given, this is what the question is asking, this is what I know from C1/C2/GCSE Maths, this is the answer to the question'.
Reply 25
Original post by SeanFM
It's okay, you worked out the question mostly by yourself. On vectors in M1, they can ask you slightly more tricky things, but you don't need to worry about how to do things as long as you get enough practice on hard questions such that you look at the question and go 'right, this is the diagram I need to draw, this is what information I have been given, this is what the question is asking, this is what I know from C1/C2/GCSE Maths, this is the answer to the question'.

ok then so will a diagram do the question for me?
ok then so will a diagram do the question for me?

No, but in a lot of mechanics and sometimes other areas, it will help you to visualise things and answer the question.

Quick Reply

Latest