The Student Room Group

AS AQA History thread

Scroll to see replies

Stuart Britain depth study or breadth course?
Reply 21
Original post by popcornjpg
Stuart Britain depth study or breadth course?

breadth
Reply 22
Original post by Musicalsarelife
You're welcome.

As for predictions it's hard to tell since it's the first lot of examinations and theres no past-papers to go by. I'd imagine something at the end of the Cold War though.. But since it's AS I'd probably say revise Vietnam and The Cuban Missile Crisis. Thematically, I'm really hoping for quite a wide question like US/USSR ideologies driving tensions, as long as you know the content you should be able to use it for any similar question.

Do you have the Oxford AQA History The Cold war c1945-1991 textbook? If so, theres sample questions for both source and essay on most topics. Try to know all facts and answer them - it's AQA approved so should give you some impression of the questions.

I heard there wasn't going to be anything on Korea or japan
Reply 23
Is any one doing the Britain transformation and challenge 1851-1914.
If so what do you think the predictions are.
My exam is tomorrow, so scared.
Reply 24
Original post by Halimap
Is any one doing the Britain transformation and challenge 1851-1914.
If so what do you think the predictions are.
My exam is tomorrow, so scared.

I am doing this exam but don't know what will come up any suggestions???
Anybody doing Britain 1815-1865?
Reply 26
Original post by jj1841
I am doing this exam but don't know what will come up any suggestions???

No idea. Just hoping it won't be social reforms or the suffragettes. Really hope Ireland comes up.
Original post by 15076848
Hi I'm doing my AS history exam next month on the Cold War and Stuart Britain . This is the first of the new spec and so I'm a bit worried as to how to revise with such a lack of past exam questions to do.
I was wondering if anyone doing the same topics as me or doing the AQA board for history AS is revising and going about their revision
Thank you in advance
Izzy

I'M DOING STUARTS! It's tomorrow and i want to cry
Reply 28
Original post by ThatGurl
I'M DOING STUARTS! It's tomorrow and i want to cry

How did you find it !!!!
Original post by 15076848
How did you find it !!!!

not good. i think i messed up the first essay (i did all the right stuff but i dont think i answered the question right) and i didnt have enough time to finish it :frown:((
you?
Reply 30
Original post by ThatGurl
not good. i think i messed up the first essay (i did all the right stuff but i dont think i answered the question right) and i didnt have enough time to finish it :frown:((
you?

OMG SAME , for the first section I just didn't get what the first extract was saying. I just tried to rebut my points but I felt like I was repeating myself . Yeah I didn't properly finish section A. I hope that they understand that it was quite a hard question
Original post by Halimap
I heard there wasn't going to be anything on Korea or japan

Why's that? Where'd you hear that from?
Reply 32
Why's that? Where'd you hear that from?

Just a guess. Feel as though they'll do a really broad topic seeing as it's a new spec
Reply 33
Anyone got any guesses on what might come up as a question? Do you think they will do for the source question ?
Original post by Halimap
Just a guess. Feel as though they'll do a really broad topic seeing as it's a new spec

Ahh okay, I was just wondering in case there had been some information released. If you take into consideration the Tudor question, I imagine it'll be something like conflicting ideologies or conflict in Asia, where you can talk about multiple things.
Reply 35
Ahh okay, I was just wondering in case there had been some information released. If you take into consideration the Tudor question, I imagine it'll be something like conflicting ideologies or conflict in Asia, where you can talk about multiple things.

Yeah, I don't think iron curtain or the long telegram will come up as they were on the specimen papers so I feel as though they'll probably do a well known speech like the Truman doctrine/ Marshall plan or his inaugural speech
Reply 36
Is anyone doing American Civil War depth study?
anyone doing democracy and nazism? if so any predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending