Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    They arent even good :/
    Let me tell you this. Uni's don't really give a **** about GCSE's, as long as you meet the minimal entry requirements: usually a B for Maths and English, looks like you got that covered. Unless you apply for a top 4 ofc. And second, it's the A levels that matter. I can assure you, you can get 3 A's if you work hard, are motivated and try to get the best grades possible to you.

Stop whining over you 'low' grades in GCSE's and start focusing on your A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalfros)
    Let me tell you this. Uni's don't really give a **** about GCSE's, as long as you meet the minimal entry requirements: usually a B for Maths and English, looks like you got that covered. Unless you apply for a top 4 ofc. And second, it's the A levels that matter. I can assure you, you can get 3 A's if you work hard, are motivated and try to get the best grades possible to you.

Stop whining over you 'low' grades in GCSE's and start focusing on your A levels.
    Ive got A2 exams coming up in a month
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Ive got A2 exams coming up in a month
    Good. What subjects and what are your predicted grades? Good luck btw

ReputationRep:
    Good. What subjects and what are your predicted grades? Good luck btw
    Maths , Further Maths & Physics A*AC :P Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    A girl in my English class got the same GCSEs as you and atm she has offers from Surrey,Southampton,Queen Mary,Royal Holloway and Brunel.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Maths , Further Maths & Physics A*AC :P Good luck to you too
    Nice! Hopefully you can get a B at the very least for Physics and a Russel Group Uni should be in your reach! I am not an A level student btw. Not yet.

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Hopefully you can get a B at the very least for Physics and a Russel Group Uni should be in your reach! I am not an A level student btw. Not yet.
    Dont need to get a B lol :P Uni of Leeds have gave me an offer of A*AC lol :P
    So have Uni of Liverpool :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody no of anyone getting into Warwick with average grades? I keep hearing rumours about them wanting 7A*s minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    A girl in my English class got the same GCSEs as you and atm she has offers from Surrey,Southampton,Queen Mary,Royal Holloway and Brunel.
    Good for her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    Does anybody no of anyone getting into Warwick with average grades? I keep hearing rumours about them wanting 7A*s minimum.
    There are plenty of people who have gotten into top unis with less.. I have an offer from UCL with only 3A* at GCSE. No university will expect 7A*s.

However, you will need to show an upward trajectory (i.e. do well in year 12 - even without AS you still have a reference etc.). But as long as you meet the minimum requirement, GCSEs are not considered that much. However you will want to have Cs or for some courses Bs in core subjects like maths, english and possibly a language as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    There are plenty of people who have gotten into top unis with less.. I have an offer from UCL with only 3A* at GCSE. No university will expect 7A*s.

However, you will need to show an upward trajectory (i.e. do well in year 12 - even without AS you still have a reference etc.). But as long as you meet the minimum requirement, GCSEs are not considered that much. However you will want to have Cs or for some courses Bs in core subjects like maths, english and possibly a language as well.
    What course are you doing and what a levels did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    What course are you doing and what a levels did you do?
    I'm (hopefully) going to do bsc anthropology (not the most competitive course, to be fair) and I'm doing maths, biology and history at a level (predicted AAA, from AAAA at AS) + geography at AS.

I'd also like to note that the UCL website states they require a C in a GCSE language - and that was my C. So even if you do only just meet the GCSE requirements you still have a good chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    I'm (hopefully) going to do bsc anthropology (not the most competitive course, to be fair) and I'm doing maths, biology and history at a level (predicted AAA, from AAAA at AS) + geography at AS.

I'd also like to note that the UCL website states they require a C in a GCSE language - and that was my C. So even if you do only just meet the GCSE requirements you still have a good chance
    Thank you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.