Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Disclosing criminal convictions? watch

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I also answer these sorts of questions all the time, and was doing so many years before you arrived My interest has always been in making sure the advice I give is as correct as it can be which is why I wanted you to show me somewhere that said I was wrong regarding how "relevant" is used. I understand if you can't be bothered - I often feel the same way. It's all good. I agree with the rest of what you have said though
    I agree with you about the right answer. Btw when i said I do these sort of questions it was more to indicate they are kind of dull and I just like to get the answer.

At the moment im just pursuing whether its spent or not as that seems a more fruitful course to get there.

The guidance as to relevance appears when you complete the form. I looked on the UCAS website and it doesnt appear to be viewable as a standalone.

Which then goes back to the point if the OP gave us the information he could have an answer. If he read the guidance notes as he was completing his form he could have an answer. If he made a phone call, he could also get there.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by john2054)
    please click on the official police website i linked, and take it from there.

i am not making this up, this is taken directly from the website.

thanks for your time.

ps it appears the op has finished contributing to this discussion.
    John I never said you were making it up. yes I did have a look.
    The question still remains is his conviction spent or not. You need to know the sentence and his age, when sentenced.

If the OP cnat be bothered, then neither can I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsjf)
    I am starting to apply for university next year and i am in a bit of a dilemma with what to do as i had a criminal conviction.
    I know it says to state convictions on your ucas form and i was wondering if there is any point in me disclosing if im applying to do a humanities degree so im positive the universities i apply wont conduct a dbs check.

The reason being as i was convicted for racial harrassment (had an argument with someone and said the wrong thing when i was ridiculously drunk and made a huge mistake) .. although the nature of the incident was nothing to serious no violence or anything i just said a stupid thing whilst drunk.
    I feel that disclosing it on my application will not help me at all because although it wasnt too serious it was a racial thing and more so frowned upon so i dont believe they will take a second look at my application i'll just get turned down straight away.

Its annoying because ive never been involved in anything like this before and it really doesnt refeltct who i am i just made a stupid comment ion a night out argueing with someone whilst police were present and now i have this on my record i feel asif it is going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

any help would be much appreciated
    thnaks
    Check against the table here whether it's spent or not. http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgeba...e-changes-roa/
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I also answer these sorts of questions all the time, and was doing so many years before you arrived My interest has always been in making sure the advice I give is as correct as it can be which is why I wanted you to show me somewhere that said I was wrong regarding how "relevant" is used. I understand if you can't be bothered - I often feel the same way. It's all good. I agree with the rest of what you have said though
    Made me lol this because the OP doesnt seem to be bothered, which is why I wont chase. Ive had another look and you cant find anywhere to access their definition of relevant. I suspect it will be a disappointment if I were to see it.

I was willing to e-mail them but couldnt find an e-mail. I think its a bit much for facebook and I dont use twitter and am not willing to phone then unless I get really irritated by it.

If you get access or anyone who has an UCAS account could see the note, then please post it on here. that's all thats needed.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I'm not convinced that is the case. The information I could find suggested otherwise, but I am more than happy to read their official position if you can link me to it.
    Just because I like to find the answer. I never did sign up for an account but PQ has kindly provided the guidance note for UCAS. No need to continue as the pdf gives the answer. The OP never came back..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1462879224
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just because I like to find the answer. I never did sign up for an account but PQ has kindly provided the guidance note for UCAS. No need to continue as the pdf gives the answer. The OP never came back..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1462879224
    Looks like what I had read was more or less correct. I have saved that PDF for future reference - thanks a lot for making me aware of it

(Original post by GuguM)
    What did you say?
    This is the level of intelligence of not your average moron, but a low end one. When one asks the question "what did you say" or even just "uh?", its usually a response to a misheard verbal communication, or simply requesting confirmation. In this case however, the response was given to a text based answer, in which case he could simply reread the post he responded to, rather than ask for it to be posted again.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.