Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looting at the London Marathon Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    I told you to take me through the law, tests and sentencing.
    I literally just linked the Act itself- the definition I cited is all that you need.

Given the fact that you have failed to provide any facts of your own, we are forced to rely on assumptions made from watching the video.
    Erm, I'm not giving facts because I don't know them. I'm not going to make assumptions after assumptions and think they're facts. It's like saying: I assume the world will perish in 5 days = fact.

(Not that you're any different to those idiots making such claims.)

There's a difference between excusing and justifying. A distinguishment that you have failed to make or appreciate.
    That's because the difference is immaterial in this case. There is no excuse to stealing (for us normal people that is - not sure about you).

Didn't you say above that speculation invalidates or makes a point meaningless?
    The difference between my speculation and yours is that mine is based on a strong premise. Yours, on the other hand, has no basis at all. Even so, I never said that what I speculated is a fact.

I think you do and viewing such behaviour makes you recall your own youth and how you were party to similar behaviour which you now find to have been a total and utter embarrassment.

Such videos, and public displays of behaviour that are more suited to animals, makes you ashamed so you try and disassociate yourself by condemning them in the harshest language possible.

I can't understand why you would be a traitor to your own tribe of trashy white underclass council living estate gremlins.

Perhaps because this group is black and even though you might live on a council estate together, there is still an undercurrent of racism running through your veins.
    Hahaha wow! Thanks for proving that you're a complete idiot.

But then again, you seem to have experience of what you're talking about so I'm not going to pour salt on the wound.

ReputationRep:
    Shameful. They should track all of those people down like they did with the London riots and charge them with theft.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    See white people commit crime too

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I asked you to present the law, tests and sentencing.

Put your money where your mouth is and make the case for their prosecution.
    Are you being deliberately daft or is it a natural trait of yours? READ the freaking Act - it is the law, it has the 'test' regarding dishonesty and provides basic info regarding sentencing. I'm not a judge to know the specific penalty.

For goodness sake.

You've assumed that they have stolen or looted the bottles?

I don't know but you seem to be poking holes in your own case.
    No, they took the bottles for vacation and will be returning them later on.:facepalm:

The law is flexible, not rigid. Of course there are excuses to stealing (i.e: a person was underage so could not form the mental capacity, homeless man was starving etc etc).
    There are no excuses to stealing. The law is the Act that I cited. What you regard as an excuse doesn't make it an excuse.

The basis of your speculation is from something that you have seen elsewhere and because all black look/act the same, you decide to apply that here.
    No, it is based on probabilities.

The basis for my speculation stems from the actual contents of the video, and not from a twice or even thrice removed anecdotal source, which is highly susceptible to ingraining my own racial prejudices.
    The video did not show anything about a) how many runners remained or b) whether the bottles would be disposed of. So, as I said, you made a delirious assumption.

Oh wow - the racist card from you. Shocker.

They say living in denial is the first stage of mental illness.
    The expression is "denial is the first stage of grief". It's truly hilarious (and a testament to your mental faculties) that you said some completely unfounded things about me and regard them as truth now.

But as I said, it's probably projecting and I'm not gonna rub salt in the wound.

ReputationRep:
    For a law student, you seem extremely dense. (I have taken the liberty of assuming that you are a law student, correct me if I am wrong).

I have asked you to make the case for the prosecution. All you have been able to do is waggle a little finger towards the act which you think applies in this scenario.
    I'm a law student - I'm neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor.

Read the definition I gave to you again - then deliberate on your stupidity. I understand you being illiterate and not grasping this stuff effectively, but to such extent is incomprehensible.

So you can't prove theft, making the act you are bleating on about kinda irrelevant? Well, aren't you off to a flying start.
    A person is guilty of theft [THOSE LIZARDS] if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another [THEM TAKING ITEMS WHICH DO NOT BELONG TO THEM] with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it [THAT MUCH IS OBVIOUS, I WOULD SAY]; and “thief” and “steal” shall be construed accordingly.

I think I'm wasting my time here to be honest. You clearly lack the intelligence for this debate.

I live in the real world, not some theoretical and abstract world where everything is in black and white.
    Lol. Real world = whites suck and immigration is good? Sure sure

It is based on a racial prejudice that you hold and is based on anecdotal hearsays.
    No and no.

Given the fact that the person from Buxton stated quite clearly that the last marathon coach had passed, it's safe to assume that not many runners remained.
    "Assume" - your magical word yet again. Point rejected.

You keep returning back to it. Almost as if you have unresolved issues.

I really can't waste my time arguing with you so if it makes you feel better, take the "win" back to the trashy white underclass council living estate and let them fawn over you
    You ask me why I'm coming back to your point when you yourself just mentioned it again. Congrats - you've won the title of the least intelligent TSR user.

Also, "white underclass trash" - so much for me having racial prejudices :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Now cut their benefits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    X
    Don't bother, he's an ass***e whose only goal is to make arguments for the sake of it. He must feel good doing that.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse, and I see no reason to condemn a group of people who had decided to appropriate bottles of water that were probably earmarked for the landfill, despite the fact that they seemed to be in perfectly drinkable condition.
    Probably? Even if that were the case they just look like a bunch of vultures to me. Take one, take two, maybe take a dozen - but loading trollies up? The could probably take them down to the local corner shop and sell them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Not sure what's worse: the video or the comments on the video.
    Ah yeah, "rather rapist than racist". That kind of mentality is why the British are becoming a minority, being afraid of a word. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Don't bother, he's an ass***e whose only goal is to make arguments for the sake of it. He must feel good doing that.
    I don't think he's doing it on purpose - he's genuinely seems to be an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Rough

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.