Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AS and A2 OCR Geology Revision Notes Here Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkBellamy)
    Thank you for your quick reply. I'm actually a teacher of geology and just think they are really well written for students. I would really appreciate it if you could post the AS versions when you can.

THankyou Mark
    Oh wow! I'll see what I can do, I might not be going home from university until Christmas, so I may not be able to upload them for a couple of months if that's okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Oh wow! I'll see what I can do, I might not be going home from university until Christmas, so I may not be able to upload them for a couple of months if that's okay?
    I'm being really cheeky but I bet someone from home couldn't email them to you. My students are busy preparing for mock exams in a fortnight. Your condensed, concise notes would be perfect. But as I said at the start I know I'm being cheeky. Are you still studying geology?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm being really cheeky but I bet someone from home couldn't email them to you. My students are busy preparing for mock exams in a fortnight. Your condensed, concise notes would be perfect. But as I said at the start I know I'm being cheeky. Are you still studying geology?
    I'll ask my mum if she can bring me one of my memory sticks from home, they should be on there (she's not the best at emailing!)

Yeah I am, I'm doing a Geoscience degree at the moment

ReputationRep:
    I'll ask my mum if she can bring me one of my memory sticks from home, they should be on there (she's not the best at emailing!)

Yeah I am, I'm doing a Geoscience degree at the moment
    You are a real star. Thank you. Best subject in the world.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You are a real star. Thank you. Best subject in the world.
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    No problem
    Hi again

Just wanted to say the A2 notes look even better when they are printed out. Are your AS notes in as much detail as the A2 ones?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi again

Just wanted to say the A2 notes look even better when they are printed out. Are your AS notes in as much detail as the A2 ones?
    Thank you! Unfortunately my AS notes are mostly class notes, so they aren't nearly as detailed as my A2 notes, which I used the textbook to make. Also, I ran out of time to make all my notes at AS, so they don't cover everything. I've asked my mum to try and bring me my memory stick which (I think) has my AS notes on, so hopefully I can have a look at them and give you a better answer once I have them, I haven't looked at them in a couple of years

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Unfortunately my AS notes are mostly class notes, so they aren't nearly as detailed as my A2 notes, which I used the textbook to make. Also, I ran out of time to make all my notes at AS, so they don't cover everything. I've asked my mum to try and bring me my memory stick which (I think) has my AS notes on, so hopefully I can have a look at them and give you a better answer once I have them, I haven't looked at them in a couple of years
    Thank you very much.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    MarkBellamy

I managed to get hold of my AS notes today, and I've attached them below. Like I said though, I ran out of time to complete them, most of the Global Tectonics module is done, but I was only able to make notes on some of the Rocks, Processes and Products module.

Also, I had to split the notes for the Global Tectonics module up into different documents, as the whole document exceeded the allowed file size here on TSR. I had to make some of the images really small in order to decrease the size of some of the documents, so I apologise for that
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx 1 - The Solar System.docx (34.6 KB, 75 views)
  2. File Type: docx 2 - Earth Structure.docx (43.3 KB, 85 views)
  3. File Type: docx 3 - Discontinuities.docx (70.1 KB, 68 views)
  4. File Type: docx 4 - Earthquakes.docx (18.0 KB, 79 views)
  5. File Type: docx 5 - Continental Drift.docx (38.7 KB, 69 views)
  6. File Type: docx 6 - Seafloor Spreading.docx (37.9 KB, 79 views)
  7. File Type: docx 7 - Geological structures.docx (36.0 KB, 74 views)
  8. File Type: docx 8 - Joints.docx (55.0 KB, 65 views)
  9. File Type: docx 9 - Normal faults.docx (76.8 KB, 69 views)
  10. File Type: docx 10 - Other faults.docx (61.2 KB, 65 views)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    MarkBellamy

And here are the other notes which wouldn't fit in my previous post
    Attached Files
  11. File Type: docx 11 - Folds.docx (73.5 KB, 51 views)
  12. File Type: docx Module 2 The Rock Cycle Processes and Products.docx (51.9 KB, 82 views)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, they are great. With your permission I'm going to add to them and then re-post them all back on here. You have really saved me a load of time. You have been astar😄

ReputationRep:
    I've actually missed a lot of college, not been in for nearly two monthes...(my life is a bad teenage e4 drama) and this is my gateway to higher ground.

Thank you and bless your life
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnaHansolo)
    I've actually missed a lot of college, not been in for nearly two monthes...(my life is a bad teenage e4 drama) and this is my gateway to higher ground.

Thank you and bless your life
    I'm really glad you've found my notes useful! Best of luck with the course

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.