The Student Room Group

AQA Media GCSE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _HS
My teacher thinks it's probably gunna be a website or an e-media page

I think this will come up as well. But I'm a bit unsure about how your supposed to lay it out. Normally if its a storyboard you get given a storyboard sheet what will they do if its a website or e-media page- give us a blank A3 sheet? If it is e-media/website it would probably look like this below but what are you suppose to draw/design- some sort of fan page? It might even be a story board for you story in y our brief
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-48101-INS-JUN13.PDF
God, my media teacher is atrocious. Almost all the class got at least an A on their coursework with our old tes her, but our new one? She didn't even study Media in university or college, she's just an English teacher they lumped us with!

On our last mock, I was one of the three people to get a pass grade (B-) in the entire class. That's ridiculous. She's awful. We've had terrible preparation. I have NO idea what to expect.

She says we will probably have to design a horror poster. We've studied ONE trailer in class, briefly, for twenty minutes. We have done NOTHING on industry and marketing, it's all been frigging posters! I'm so stressed out with Media. I hope my coursework will compensate for my probable poor grade.
hey, do you have those model answers or the annotated brief?
thanks so much!

Original post by Planetes
Below is the link for the revision guide, sorry the model answers are still pending but this should be enough till I can get those done. It may seem really dumbed down but it just makes sure you understand everything about the exam too. I'll upload the annotated exam brief once I scan it too. As it's for my school there may be many references to it, I would just ignore them and skip the tips haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mbbxvd49hjvg33/Sci%20Fi%20Revision%20Guide.docx?dl=0
how is everyone doing on their preparation? i'm yet to think of a plot for my own film, it's so difficult :frown:
Guys,

I've done Media last year and got A* for my coursework and A overall. I study Alevel Media now.
Don't Worry! Media Teachers are usually English Teachers and when you get topics like this, it isn't suprising they're not very creative! I've had TV News last year and that was awful.

So, if you have any questions o how to answer questions, ask me and I help you!
Does anybody know how to answer this question/ have a model answer to it:

We think sci-fi films are commercially successful because:
- they are high productive value escapist entertainment
- they often hybridise with other genres
- they have an existing fan base that consume sci-fi media on a range of platforms
Develop the above points and also explain why you think sci-fi films are commercially successful? Give examples to support your views. (15 marks)

**Also, do you think a storyboard or website planning/designing will come up as the 'creative question'?**
Yes please does that count as cheating though, I just need to revise for tomorrow but I lost my book?
Original post by Planetes
I've got an annotated brief complete with potential questions and areas for research and a revision guide with case studies and model answers for potential questions. Do you guys want that stuff?
bumping this up as the exam is tomorrow. any predictions? :smile:
Reply 28
Exam was pretty easy
It was well alright I thought, very very straightforward questions, I got stuck on the last one though because I had 10 mins to do it lol
Reply 30
what were the questions on?
Feel quite confident about the exam. Only had 5 minutes to do the last question XD but managed to write a page so I should at least get a C xx

- LuLu xx
Reply 32
Original post by millsy47
what were the questions on?
1. How 2 sci fi films appeal to audience (talk about narrative, location and setting, characters)

2. Write an outline for your sci film (narrative, one character, location and setting) and how it relates to your audience

3. Draw the home screen for your film website and talk about how it relates to youe audience

4. Talk about 3 ways on how you'll market your film
Reply 33
im so happy with the exam! I've practiced all the questions because they were exactly what my teacher predicted them to be!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending