The Student Room Group

i want to enjoy revision.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King Lulu
So im close to exams and i have started revising quite a while ago but when im revising/learning it feels forced like i have to do it and i don't like that i want to revise because i like it and like feeling smarter at the end of the day but since it feels forced it seems to be sucking the fun out of it.

You have the right attitude - studying will increase your intelligence and develop your brain. Unfortunately, this isn't always enjoyable when you have no choice in what you study and are aware of looming exams where you will be tested under timed conditions. The reason it feels forced and less fun is because it is forced and less fun but this pays off later when you reach university with a well-rounded education and high intelligence. Remember things worth having aren't always fun - they take hard work and struggle. This is the same for intelligence as it is for football or bodybuilding or politics or art.

For now just focus on the satisfaction you get from finishing a day more intelligent than you started it, and from understanding the world a little bit better.
Reply 21
Original post by AngryRedhead
That amount of revision is overkill just for GCSE]

I did **** all revision and still got 6cs and 3bs. Imagine if i did 2 hours a day
yh but what type of music shall i listen to

wat... here's my playlist, you might find something you like https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86nCRSHJsuVXL9T4u7VXtqmWzyawCK1s

your point seems like law but i dont know if its because your chibi wallpaper or that its very valid :biggrin:

i don't understand....

both obviously
music?
Reply 24
Original post by macromicro
You have the right attitude - studying will increase your intelligence and develop your brain. Unfortunately, this isn't always enjoyable when you have no choice in what you study and are aware of looming exams where you will be tested under timed conditions. The reason it feels forced and less fun is because it is forced and less fun but this pays off later when you reach university with a well-rounded education and high intelligence. Remember things worth having aren't always fun - they take hard work and struggle. This is the same for intelligence as it is for football or bodybuilding or politics or art.

For now just focus on the satisfaction you get from finishing a day more intelligent than you started it, and from understanding the world a little bit better.

Thank you very much i guess your right im being a weak little **** for stumbling over this pressure. im fueled with soooo much energy and passion :dance:
what you said really did put some light in my heart thannnkks .
Reply 25
Original post by thefatone
wat... here's my playlist, you might find something you like https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86nCRSHJsuVXL9T4u7VXtqmWzyawCK1s

i don't understand....

both obviously

:colonhash: you have one huge playlist..... but thanks im listening to it right now (its cooooool i shall save the link and use it from now on thanks!!)
You want the impossible
Reply 27
Original post by Platopus
You want the impossible
well thanks to everyone who's replied and the tips given im already starting to enjoy revision. Thanks guys :wink:
:colonhash: you have one huge playlist..... but thanks im listening to it right now (its cooooool i shall save the link and use it from now on thanks!!)

mmm yes very big playlist, i just add all the songs i like :smile:
[QUOTE="GiyasU;64393173"]
That amount of revision is overkill just for GCSE]

I did **** all revision and still got 6cs and 3bs. Imagine if i did 2 hours a day

Those grades are probably about average, you probably could have done so much better
Reply 30
meh still enabled me to do sixth form. truth is gcses do not matter as much as I originally thought they did. Plus what idiot recommended this guy to listen to music whilst revising??? When it comes to your exam you wont remember f all, just the lyrics.
[QUOTE="GiyasU;64415525"]

meh still enabled me to do sixth form. truth is gcses do not matter as much as I originally thought they did. Plus what idiot recommended this guy to listen to music whilst revising??? When it comes to your exam you wont remember f all, just the lyrics.

What if you wanted to apply to medical school in the future?
Reply 32
Why would you want to apply to medical school. that pathway is full of false promises and lies. People want to go their for the high salary promise. When in reality, look at the current state of healthcare. Once privitised healthcare is implemented in the next 10 years, it'll make it harder to get a job.

Quick Reply

Latest