Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    is one hour enough for each subject to revise ?
    Oh man, i remember being where you were! I can still remember those panicking nights a week before, heck i revised days before for some gcses...luckily i pulled it off at gcse, weren't so lucky for AS and A2 and now i'm in my gap year doing re-sits.

If you really want tips, esp. from someone with expertise in the procrastination, panicking and last minute revision department, message back to me so i remember to reply later. Tired atm srry

ReputationRep:
    Stop asking other people for help and do what YOU think because right now your effectively wasting even more time. Start with the subjects you struggle with the most and spend more time with them then work systematically. Pull out any notes, flashcards, mind maps and past papers that you already have and get started. That's all the advice I can give really. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-rated)
    I'm just going to say it, GCSEs really don't matter unless you want to go to sixth form, then you need Cs
    I don't know about your area, but around my area (east london, greater london etc.) You need a A or B to choose an alevel and also top unis require requirements too, e.g. a minimum of a B at gcse maths to study compsci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    I don't know about your area, but around my area (east london, greater london etc.) You need a A or B to choose an alevel and also top unis require requirements too, e.g. a minimum of a B at gcse maths to study compsci.
    Ah yeah; you're indeed correct, it's the same for me, I forgot about that part. Although if you're choosing a subject, you do tend to do better in it, so for example I chose maths because I was good at it and got an A without revision

ReputationRep:
    OMG i know how you feel!!!!!!
    my exams are soon too
    plus my 3 older brothers done really well, so i'm getting compared to them.

just study study study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Oh man, i remember being where you were! I can still remember those panicking nights a week before, heck i revised days before for some gcses...luckily i pulled it off at gcse, weren't so lucky for AS and A2 and now i'm in my gap year doing re-sits.

If you really want tips, esp. from someone with expertise in the procrastination, panicking and last minute revision department, message back to me so i remember to reply later. Tired atm srry
    yeah thanks that would be great

ReputationRep:
    Freaking out will make it worse. Calm down and plan how you'll revise everything before next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahraahmmed100%)
    OMG i know how you feel!!!!!!
    my exams are soon too
    plus my 3 older brothers done really well, so i'm getting compared to them.

just study study study

how can I make the information just stick in my brain ??

ReputationRep:
    Yousf
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by lu17)
    post it notes on your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    Ok first of all, stop panicking. In order to do this, use relaxation techniques, such as listening to music (classical works. Trust me. Not pop music with lyrics, that's distracting) make the room smell nice, make it a comfortable temperature. Put your phone away, and by that I mean it. As a psychology student I can tell you that you are more likely to retain information when in a good state of mind, you are less likely to retain information when you are stressed. Also, context reinstatement is inportant. When you are in the exam room, try to emagine yourself in your room studying, as this may give you small cues (trust me it works) for remembering stuff, just make lots of acronyms or wear a bracelet like a Pandora or something and make each charm mean something which can help you trigger memories (lol I did this for geography case studies) literally, acronyms...! Stressing will not help you. Also, make sure you spend more time on whatever you intend to continue on to uni. Honestly GCSEs aren't the be all and end all. Please don't get too stressed. Past papers are useful, especially for maths.
    Also, but a good calculator. The ones schools reccommend ARE good but not the best. Get the Casio FX-991ESPlus because you can solve quadratics on there (saves a lot of time)
    You can also calculate mean, median etc on there really fast and accurately, and you can differentiate (if you have differentiation for GCSE- we did)
    But please, try not to stress because it's honestly going to make this a whole lot harder, and you won't be able to study effectively.
    And make sure you don't repeat this at A level. A levels are content heavy so start working hard from day one.
    Good luck! What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    First, relax and just revise as much as you can and try jotting those points down and see how it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    if you really give a **** get the f*ck off this website (no offense)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    yeah thanks that would be great
    Hey, sorry i didn't reply back, still want my tips or are you good?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, calm down!
    Right, I know that everyone is telling you to revise, and they're absolutely right. But with the state you're in at the moment, nothing is going to go in. You really just need to stop, calm down, do something you enjoy for half an hour or so, and then start revising. Don't bother trying to make resources, that'll take up too much time, and don't just read a revision guide and make notes; it's the least effective form of revision. Instead, find some Q cards on here for the topics that you're stuck on, and don't focus as much on the topics that you're best at, but at the same time, still prioritise the ones you have coming up first, then once you've done those exams you'll have more time to revise for the exams after it.
    I really hope this helps.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.