The Student Room Group

Trinity College Law Essay Competition

Scroll to see replies

Surely it must be this week!!!
I'll email them on Friday if we don't get anything by then.
Reply 22
You're a hero mate
Original post by realdka
You're a hero mate

Just remember, not all heroes wear capes.
Any idea when we might hear back?
I bet they only email the winners and none of us have won :frown:
Reply 26
Nothing to lose in emailing them now then!
Original post by realdka
Nothing to lose in emailing them now then!

Yeah, I've just emailed the admissions email address at Trinity College. Let's see what happens.
Reply 28
Awesome, keep us posted!
Well, I have a reply. They will be announcing the results "in the next week or two." So, essentially, anytime until the end of June.
Reply 30
Oh wow, so we haven't necessarily not won?
Original post by realdka
Oh wow, so we haven't necessarily not won?

That's what I think. If you look at past threads, people were told when they had 'Commended' essays and stuff, so not necessarily if they had come in the top 10. I would also find it improbable that out of everyone on TSR who entered, none of us won anything. So maybe they just took a long time marking them.
Reply 32
Haven't heard anything either ):
I've just had an email inviting me to Trinity!
Original post by EmilyJ1215
I've just had an email inviting me to Trinity!

Well done, were you commended/highly commended or whatever? I haven't heard anything yet so I presume I haven't won anything
Well done!!!! Did they give you specific feedback for your essay? (I haven't heard anything but never mind!)
They haven't been clear as to who has come in what position and from what I've heard I believe they actually announce rankings on the day!

Thanks all, I haven't had specific feedback and I'd imagine the email I received was sent to the top 10 in its entirety so it's fairly general :smile:
Original post by EmilyJ1215
They haven't been clear as to who has come in what position and from what I've heard I believe they actually announce rankings on the day!

Thanks all, I haven't had specific feedback and I'd imagine the email I received was sent to the top 10 in its entirety so it's fairly general :smile:

Pssssst...

Post your essay...

:smile:
Just saw this. Congratulations to you Emily, but it's a shame none of the rest of us won anything. However, there's no time to complain. I've got more essay prizes to enter. I will be entering, at least, the RES Young Economist prize, the Staton Essay Prize, and the Robson History Prize. Shame there's no more law-oriented ones left though.
(edited 7 years ago)
I emailed Trinity yesterday asking if all the winners had been notified and they said they will have been by the end of next week. Maybe some of us still have a chance of getting something...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending