Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I will endeavour to disappoint you by not disappearing or making a budget I don't believe in before defecting to Labour.
    I look forward to the disappointment if you manage to not disappear, I am sure however you are welcome to defect at anytime

ReputationRep:
    I do feel that with his Parliamentary experience, Aph deserved a more important role in the coalition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    about a quarter of a million, give or take, depending on the timing of the next election.
    Thank you Secretary Duel.

In the event of another internal Liberal conflict, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Good to hear.

Will Her Majesty continue the plan to spend less time in London and more at Windsor Castle? Will Her Majesty stay in Scotland more often? Will Her Majesty stay in Wales or Northern Ireland?
    Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Her Majesty's travel plans.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask how the government is planning on introducing any major legislation whatsoever this term without splitting or causing a defection, given that it includes Jammy Duel on the one hand and Aph on the other, two individuals on the exact opposite ends of the political spectrum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I look forward to the disappointment if you manage to not disappear, I am sure however you are welcome to defect at anytime
    Noooo, you can't do this. I've been trying to get him to defect for months!

I mean....pffft, Labour are getting desperate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I do feel that with his Parliamentary experience, Aph deserved a more important role in the coalition.
    Perhaps it's a result of their ideological differences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Can I ask how the government is planning on introducing any major legislation whatsoever this term without splitting or causing a defection, given that it includes Jammy Duel on the one hand and Aph on the other, two individuals on the exact opposite ends of the political spectrum?
    We have already established a long list of policy we agree on, so people at opposite ends of the government will not be an issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I will endeavour to disappoint you by not disappearing or making a budget I don't believe in before defecting to Labour.
    Top tip: don't cause a commotion when we break into the Treasury to 'disappear' you, it'll only make us more likely to waterboard you when you're safely installed in gulag with all the other ex-chancellors

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Secretary Duel.

In the event of another internal Liberal conflict, what would you do?
    That depends entirely on the nature of the conflict, but duelling would be a good start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    We have already established a long list of policy we agree on, so people at opposite ends of the government will not be an issue
    I'll believe you when I see a budget that they've both voted in favour of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Noooo, you can't do this. I've been trying to get him to defect for months!

I mean....pffft, Labour are getting desperate
    Desperate? Nah, I just have a soft spot for the financier

And well it seems you have competition now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Her Majesty's travel plans.
    Shame.

How will you help Their Royal Highness The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to shake off their reputation of being lazy royals in the near future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    That depends entirely on the nature of the conflict, but duelling would be a good start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Using good ol' british swords?

ReputationRep:
    Based on what James was talking about earlier - does he look forward to Aphs whipping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shame.

How will you help Their Royal Highness The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to shake off their reputation of being lazy royals in the near future?
    I'll invite them for a morning run with Mr. Whiskers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Based on what James was talking about earlier - does he look forward to Aphs whipping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Assistant Whip will only be whipping when the Chief Whip isn't present.

ReputationRep:
    Top tip: don't cause a commotion when we break into the Treasury to 'disappear' you, it'll only make us more likely to waterboard you when you're safely installed in gulag with all the other ex-chancellors
    But you know who would be stepping in, won't go so well then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll believe you when I see a budget that they've both voted in favour of
    Fair enough

(Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Desperate? Nah, I just have a soft spot for the financier

And well it seems you have competition now
    For a capitalist, I'm starting to dislike competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I'll invite them for a morning run with Mr. Whiskers.
    In the light of Mr Christopher McCall QC MA (Oxon)'s claim that no-platforming policies to speakers who are not making an illegal speech may be a violation of the Education Act, will this government prosecute student unions and societies, as well as the universities who tolerate these criminals running their premises in an illegal way?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.