Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Another question...How do you explain thrombosis? How is it different from atherosclerosis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haddar)
    All you need for unit 2.
    do you have anything similar for unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arnaez3)
    do you have anything similar for unit 1?
    Wont let me upload file to big -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loody Nagy)
    Another question...How do you explain thrombosis? How is it different from atherosclerosis?
    Atherosclerosis is the name for a condition that occurs when plaques form on the inner lining of the blood vessels. It is composed of fatty material which accumulates and can become calcified. Atherosclerosis forms in muscular arteries and the aorta.

A thrombus is the name for a blood clot that forms on the inner lining of your blood vessels-most commonly the deep legs veins.

ReputationRep:
    Wont let me upload file to big -_-
    any chance you could email? sybrisk at gmail.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arnaez3)
    any chance you could email? sybrisk at gmail.com
    Sure just gimme the email couldnt find it

ReputationRep:
    How do you define an isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic solution?Also, 'protein carriers' and 'protein channels', what's the difference between them? and which one is assigned for facilitated diffusion and which one is for active transport?

ReputationRep:
    Two days remaining...

ReputationRep:
    All you need for unit 2.
    Holy **** this is gold. Do you have one for unit 1? if so can you send it to me through email at [email protected] .uk

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Sure just gimme the email couldnt find it
    Hey would it be cool if you could email me your notes for unit 1 aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me the ans of how molecule of mRNA is made during transcription (4 marks) thanks😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All you need for unit 2.
    do you have one for unit 1??

ReputationRep:
    Describe the structure of starch (5 marks) need help in this question thanks...:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim_CP_1792)
    do you have one for unit 1??
    Ya file too large to send tho -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komol)
    Describe the structure of starch (5 marks) need help in this question thanks...:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok
    -made up of glucose joined by glycosdic bonds via condensation reactions.
    -2 molecules amylose and amylopectin
    -amylose 1-4 glycosdic bonds and spirals(straight chain)
    -amylopectin 1-6 and 1-4 glycosidic bonds( branches)

Out of the top of my head think it should get 5 tho :P

ReputationRep:
    Ok
    -made up of glucose joined by glycosdic bonds via condensation reactions.
    -2 molecules amylose and amylopectin
    -amylose 1-4 glycosdic bonds and spirals(straight chain)
    -amylopectin 1-6 and 1-4 glycosidic bonds( branches)

Out of the top of my head think it should get 5 tho :P
    Great it will help thanks a lot👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need help in this question thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I got a question...
    The elastic fibres (in the aorta) stretch so that they can accommodate the greater volume of blood without being damaged. Between surges, these elastic fibres return to their original length, thus squeezing the blood and moving it in a continuous flow. This is known as elastic recoil.Alright, but does this elastic recoil raise or lower the blood pressure? If not, does it have any other role other than allowing the blood to move in a continuous flow?
    Well, I think the elastic recoil helps to maintain its pressure. If you look at this graph (dotted line is arterial pressure), you can see that AP starts to fall, but then rises again before it continues to fall. I believe that this is due to the elastic recoil of the arterial walls

ReputationRep:
    How do you define an isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic solution?Also, 'protein carriers' and 'protein channels', what's the difference between them? and which one is assigned for facilitated diffusion and which one is for active transport?
    The term protein carrier is generally used to refer to those that actively transport the substance/molecule, and protein channel for those that do not i.e. simply allow (facilitated) diffusion.

ReputationRep:
    Describe the structure of a cell membrane (3 marks) need help in this thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.