The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] Edexcel 6BI02 (Unit 2 Old Spec) June 2016 (Exam Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Another question...How do you explain thrombosis? How is it different from atherosclerosis?
Reply 21
Original post by Haddar
All you need for unit 2.

do you have anything similar for unit 1?
Reply 22
Original post by Arnaez3
do you have anything similar for unit 1?

Wont let me upload file to big -_-
Reply 23
Original post by Loody Nagy
Another question...How do you explain thrombosis? How is it different from atherosclerosis?

Atherosclerosis is the name for a condition that occurs when plaques form on the inner lining of the blood vessels. It is composed of fatty material which accumulates and can become calcified. Atherosclerosis forms in muscular arteries and the aorta.

A thrombus is the name for a blood clot that forms on the inner lining of your blood vessels-most commonly the deep legs veins.
Reply 24
Original post by Haddar
Wont let me upload file to big -_-

any chance you could email? sybrisk at gmail.com
Reply 25
Original post by Arnaez3
any chance you could email? sybrisk at gmail.com

Sure just gimme the email couldnt find it :frown:
How do you define an isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic solution?Also, 'protein carriers' and 'protein channels', what's the difference between them? and which one is assigned for facilitated diffusion and which one is for active transport?
Two days remaining...
Original post by Haddar
All you need for unit 2.

Holy **** this is gold. Do you have one for unit 1? if so can you send it to me through email at [email protected]

Thanks a lot
Original post by Haddar
Sure just gimme the email couldnt find it :frown:

Hey would it be cool if you could email me your notes for unit 1 aswell?
Reply 30
Can anyone give me the ans of how molecule of mRNA is made during transcription (4 marks) thanks😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Haddar
All you need for unit 2.

do you have one for unit 1??
Reply 32
Describe the structure of starch (5 marks) need help in this question thanks...:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Kim_CP_1792
do you have one for unit 1??

Ya file too large to send tho -_-
Reply 34
Original post by Komol
Describe the structure of starch (5 marks) need help in this question thanks...:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok
-made up of glucose joined by glycosdic bonds via condensation reactions.
-2 molecules amylose and amylopectin
-amylose 1-4 glycosdic bonds and spirals(straight chain)
-amylopectin 1-6 and 1-4 glycosidic bonds( branches)

Out of the top of my head think it should get 5 tho :P
Reply 35
Original post by Haddar
Ok
-made up of glucose joined by glycosdic bonds via condensation reactions.
-2 molecules amylose and amylopectin
-amylose 1-4 glycosdic bonds and spirals(straight chain)
-amylopectin 1-6 and 1-4 glycosidic bonds( branches)

Out of the top of my head think it should get 5 tho :P

Great it will help thanks a lot👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Need help in this question thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a question...
The elastic fibres (in the aorta) stretch so that they can accommodate the greater volume of blood without being damaged. Between surges, these elastic fibres return to their original length, thus squeezing the blood and moving it in a continuous flow. This is known as elastic recoil.Alright, but does this elastic recoil raise or lower the blood pressure? If not, does it have any other role other than allowing the blood to move in a continuous flow?

Well, I think the elastic recoil helps to maintain its pressure. If you look at this graph (dotted line is arterial pressure), you can see that AP starts to fall, but then rises again before it continues to fall. I believe that this is due to the elastic recoil of the arterial walls :biggrin:
How do you define an isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic solution?Also, 'protein carriers' and 'protein channels', what's the difference between them? and which one is assigned for facilitated diffusion and which one is for active transport?

The term protein carrier is generally used to refer to those that actively transport the substance/molecule, and protein channel for those that do not i.e. simply allow (facilitated) diffusion.
Reply 39
Describe the structure of a cell membrane (3 marks) need help in this thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending