Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madmax121)
    That's true and I'm not saying there aren't any LSE grads getting picked by JP still most of them are from LSE, I'm just pointing out that some recruiters are seeing LSE as semi target and not target.
    mate LSE is probably as targeted as you can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3110)
    Target unis are Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, ICL, UCL, and Warwick. Any degree at one of these universities would put you in a great position.
    What about not doing maths at a level bu AS and an A in GCSE A* in statistics.
    Still a good position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life.of.pablo)
    Ok, Year 12 student here, I'm currently studying; Maths, Economics, Computing and Turkish. I'll probably get As and Bs at AS and at least 3 As at A2.
    I've always wanted a front office job at a good IB (Goldman, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley...). However, which University and which course would be the best option for me? I've visited Cass and the "investment and financial risk management seemed appealing. Which course, which uni, what A level grades???
    Which Uni is Cass? Sorry I have just started looking at Uni's
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Which Uni is Cass? Sorry I have just started looking at Uni's
    Cass Business School within City Uni London

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What course would u say would suit investment banking the most? Wonder if economics is a bit too theoretical.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pepl3)
    What course would u say would suit investment banking the most? Wonder if economics is a bit too theoretical.
    The course you want to study and will do well in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    The course you want to study and will do well in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough. thanks. Ignoring what interests me the most or how enjoyable my uni life will be, would u say going to a top university is more important or the course u do in terms of getting a job in the sector? I am not sure if I should choose a less competitive course (but less relevant to economics i.e. international development) just for the name of the university.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pepl3)
    Fair enough. thanks. Ignoring what interests me the most or how enjoyable my uni life will be, would u say going to a top university is more important or the course u do in terms of getting a job in the sector? I am not sure if I should choose a less competitive course (but less relevant to economics i.e. international development) just for the name of the university.
    yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.