Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I think that when you grow up you experience things that shape who you are, how you think and how you act around people. Bullying or abusive/distant parents are examples of something that can affect you in quite a negative way, and it sucks - it's not easy to reverse but you have to work on it as best you can, realise what's right and wrong and try to stop all the bad things that go on - sometimes you can get help for this.
    well i was bullied i guess but so were loads of people and the majority of ppl in society are nice enough. well i don't really want to talk about family in public but although it is a complex situation they are categorically not abusive or anything like that. yeah i guess so. I guess i'm already good at censoring what is in my own head i just need not to have the material there that needs censoring in the first place. and lol that is all anyone ever says. suppose i should listen i guess.
    and u aren't a mod who can see who this is are you? don't want you to fall out with me sean

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I realised that hating myself wasn't endearing myself to other people. I also noticed that a lot of other people were weaker and had much laxer morals than me and still didn't hate themselves as I did. That made me realise that there was no sense in hating myself since In a lot of ways I am a better person than those, so I resolved to make myself realise my own self worth, and eventually I did.
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Y

Im sure thre are many nice qualities about you!
    I doubt you are all of these things! People can be *******s at times so maybe thats why theyre leaving you?
    But focus on your good qualities and build up your self confidence!!!
    Not really tbh, unless you count drawing cos that is the only thing i'm not half bad at.
    And no not really, admittedly some of them were horrible horrible people who properly stabbed me in the back but that was years ago, since then i just feel like i either bore people or i'm far too enthusiastic with them and then they get freaked out and leave or something idk.
    and thanks x

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I realised that hating myself wasn't endearing myself to other people. I also noticed that a lot of other people were weaker and had much laxer morals than me and still didn't hate themselves as I did. That made me realise that there was no sense in hating myself since In a lot of ways I am a better person than those, so I resolved to make myself realise my own self worth, and eventually I did.
    Sorry didn't mean to quote you twice.
    that is actually a good point tbh, i mean i guess there are worse people than me although then again idek because i haven't cut open their heads open (not litereally ofc) and seen the types of thoughts they have. a lot of the thoughts i have tho aren't even about other ppl but im not writting that sort of stuff here.
    thank you, tbh you give very good advice x
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well i was bullied i guess but so were loads of people and the majority of ppl in society are nice enough. well i don't really want to talk about family in public but although it is a complex situation they are categorically not abusive or anything like that. yeah i guess so. I guess i'm already good at censoring what is in my own head i just need not to have the material there that needs censoring in the first place. and lol that is all anyone ever says. suppose i should listen i guess.
    and u aren't a mod who can see who this is are you? don't want you to fall out with me sean

Not really tbh, unless you count drawing cos that is the only thing i'm not half bad at.
    And no not really, admittedly some of them were horrible horrible people who properly stabbed me in the back but that was years ago, since then i just feel like i either bore people or i'm far too enthusiastic with them and then they get freaked out and leave or something idk.
    and thanks x
    With time, effort and experience some things do get better/more manageable.

I know it doesn't sound great and it's not always helpful for everyone, but you know, worth a shot.

And no, I can't see who this is but I'm sure that, whoever you are, I wouldn't judge you or think any less of you. You've identified some things that you can work on and you know that they are problems, so fair play to you for wanting to fix them and trying to move forward.

I have an issue of being too nice.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    With time, effort and experience some things do get better/more manageable.

I know it doesn't sound great and it's not always helpful for everyone, but you know, worth a shot.

And no, I can't see who this is but I'm sure that, whoever you are, I wouldn't judge you or think any less of you. You've identified some things that you can work on and you know that they are problems, so fair play to you for wanting to fix them and trying to move forward.
    yeah i guess so. thank you sean x
    and good awh sean, that is a cute way of putting it, thank you :hugs:

I have an issue of being too nice.
    well i do acc get you there, i'm too ostensibly nice and then get walked all over and manipulated so i do understand the issue with that to some extent

ReputationRep:
    :yy:

lol well it is a long list so idk if ppl are bothered to read itt but off the top of my head:
    -I'm horrible and irritable to the few people who actually care about me
    -Didn't feel sad when people have died (yes they were close) and well i don't really want to say all that but that is one of the main reasons why i think im so evil
    -Im selfish and even though i care about people i wouldnt do something to help someone if it disadvantaged myself
    -Im moody
    -I have been horrible to people in the past and treated them badly
    -I lose friends so easily because i'm an obsessive weirdo who gets infatuated with people
    -I'm really unattractive
    -People think i am so nice and friendly but i have to force a lot of it
    -Im aloof and stubborn
    -Wish my sexuality was like everyone else
    -I hate myself so can't expect anyone else to like me if i cant

that's all i can think of for now but loads more lol
    TLDR

and sorry iEthan i think this is in the wrong forum
    So change.

(Original post by Jared44)
    So change.
    easy to say
    i have been trying to do that but clearly not doing that well at it

ReputationRep:
    easy to say
    i have been trying to do that but clearly not doing that well at it
    It is easy to say, but it's easy to change.
    You clearly know what you're doing wrong, so change it.

yeah i guess so. thank you sean x
    and good awh sean, that is a cute way of putting it, thank you :hugs:

well i do acc get you there, i'm too ostensibly nice and then get walked all over and manipulated so i do understand the issue with that to some extent
    I know right like some people do not appreciate it though.
    But i cannot stop being nice and all.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like such a ***** tbh :/ keep pissing people off and am just ashamed of how horrible i actually am. Feel like everything on the exterior is a lie and that people don't get what a nasty person i acc am first step is admitting

sorry just getting that off my chest and finally admitting it
    first step is admitting

(Original post by Jared44)
    It is easy to say, but it's easy to change.
    You clearly know what you're doing wrong, so change it.
    right well if it is so easy then surely you would tell me how?
    and yes i do. however externally there is nothing wrong, i'm amicable enough with people and polite etc because i can control that although yes i do let things spill over sometimes. However it is beyond me how i can make myself feel certain ways like what i would want to do or how i feel about things. I might not act on them (therin lies the choice) but it is actually not having the thoughts in the first place which i am yet to stop.

I know right like some people do not appreciate it though.
    But i cannot stop being nice and all.
    yeah ik bud :/ people don't appreciate nice acts tbh at all and just want to use you to their own benefit.
    dont stop being nice nice is good, just maybe get more selective in who you get close to

(Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    first step is admitting
    well i've done that here a bit i guess x

anyway goodnight to this thread because need to sleep bc palpitations so

ReputationRep:
    yeah ik bud :/ people don't appreciate nice acts tbh at all and just want to use you to their own benefit.
    dont stop being nice nice is good, just maybe get more selective in who you get close to

sweetdreams

True thanks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.