The Student Room Group

Austria passes controversial new asylum law.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aceadria
Interesting, so not only do you change your discourse from your earlier post but you're also suggesting that children, who could be born with a different set of ideals to their parents, should not even be born.

Your world view of everyone getting along only applies to people you agree with - how very 'fascist' of you.

Wanting to destroy fascism is not fascist, by definition. Nice try though

Original post by Tyreke
Examine this threat, and its a scary one. Over 1,000,000 terrorist sympathisers in the UK?

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/bbc-uk-poll-45-of-muslims-support-hate-preachers-11-support-jihad-against-the-west/

Utter bs
Original post by Multiculturalism

Utter bs

Any stats that happen to go against your naive views is BS apparently.

Muslim migration is a huge problem for Europe and always will be.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Any stats that happen to go against your naive views is BS apparently.

Muslim migration is a huge problem for Europe and always will be.

Its from "muslimstatistics.wordpress", please tell me why I should take it seriously

Well, actually it is. A core principle of the ideology is suppressing liberal ideals, which in this case is freedom of speech.

Try again.
Its from "muslimstatistics.wordpress", please tell me why I should take it seriously

I don't know maybe because it's been mathematically calculated to show opinion?

But for you apparently, all the migrants (including the ones who have murdered and raped as soon as they got into Europe) have the sun shining out of their ass right?
All well and good, but it will simply shift the problem to its neighbours, which wont be welcomed. Aby policy has to be a unfied one with all the EU. If it cnat work in conjunction with others, then it should think about whether it wants to be in the EU at all.
Original post by mariachi
please, define "fascists"

Mariachi = Italian

Mussolini = Italian

Therefore, Mariachi = Mussolini = fascist...

Why can't you get this simple logic, fascist...? :colonhash:
It's unfortunate that it's come to this, I place the blame with Merkel for not consulting the countries along the migration route prior to opening Germany's borders.

However as above palming a problem off on to someone else only creates tension and makes solving it harder, what's needed is a collective response. As soon as the Hungarians built their fence it was inevitable that similar measures would be adopted elsewhere.
Original post by chemting
Mariachi = Italian

Mussolini = Italian

Therefore, Mariachi = Mussolini = fascist...

Why can't you get this simple logic, fascist...? :colonhash:

Please provide trigger warnings. Fascist for ignoring this simple fact.
Reply 29
I think fascists should be limited to 0 births per parent aswell (death rate) to stop fascist takeover.

Nice to see these countries doing something. I really take my hat off to Hungary, Macedonia, Austria, Poland ect., inspirational considering their actions will put them at risk from attacks from the left

So you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want and trample on as many people as you wish, as long as you state you're doing it to eradicate your subjective definition of fascism?

Why is having the power to reject asylum applications and deport criminals fascism to you? Is it fascist if I break the law and I am arrested as the police are a form of "authoritarianism"?
Original post by Omen96
Nice to see these countries doing something. I really take my hat off to Hungary, Macedonia, Austria, Poland ect., inspirational considering their actions will put them at risk from attacks from the left

Except its short sighted and wont work because it just pushes the problem onto its nehighbours. thats not an attack from the left, its just common sense.
Original post by Jebedee
So you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want and trample on as many people as you wish, as long as you state you're doing it to eradicate your subjective definition of fascism?

That's not what I said

Why is having the power to reject asylum applications and deport criminals fascism to you? Is it fascist if I break the law and I am arrested as the police are a form of "authoritarianism"?

Depends what you are doing to get arrested
I think fascists should be limited to 0 births per parent aswell (death rate) to stop fascist takeover.

Muslims are Fascist Nazis

White Supremacy for the win.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tyreke
A domino effect may happen, let's hope other countries have the balls to act in their citizen's interests

And you presume that your opinion is reflective of the views of all countries' citizens?

Or the fact that there is somewhat of a right movement in European politics that means the citizens in every country want this?

I see.
Anyone notice how it's always the far left that cause the far right to murder us all?

Could you all kindly get lost and let us centrists live in peace?
Original post by Aceadria
1 child < 2 children

You don't need to reduce the birth rate to 0.

Secondly, fascism is not spread genetically; education and societal factors do that.

Good one!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I don't know maybe because it's been mathematically calculated to show opinion?

But for you apparently, all the migrants (including the ones who have murdered and raped as soon as they got into Europe) have the sun shining out of their ass right?

Isn't this a tad unreasonable? I mean, you're using specific incidents with certain groups of people to define an entire race. I'm sure if British and American citizens started sweeping into Easter Europe and Asia because of some crisis (although this would never happen), you'd get similar cases occurring. Not everybody from the countries in question are good people and the same goes for any country in the West. Everybody is just scared and freaking out, which is understandable, but you must accept that that's as far as your protest goes. The West shoulders this because it is partially to blame for the events arising in the first place. Not to mention that many of the people moving into the West from the Middle East have no intention of causing such chaos and harm - they simply have no where else to go and have lost everything. Don't tell me we wouldn't do the same should it happen to us. When they all or at least the majority start behaving in this one particular manner, then your point will have significant validity. However, until then, I'm sorry but it just does not hold.

There needs to be control, there needs to be regulation, and there needs to be a process. Just saying "no" is not helping anything. The sweeping perception of Islam and Middle Eastern people is not going to be helped by far-right policy, it's only going to be made worse. The majority of these people haven't done anything wrong. They have had their lives completely obliterated by war. We cry about Paris and Brussels whilst they are experiencing such bombings every single day. If it was going on in France, Belgium, Germany, England - everybody would be in absolute hysterics if countries weren't helping. They need a chance to integrate and the people who do cause chaos, who do rape, who do murder, should be removed or imprisoned just as anybody else who commits such crimes should be. We need to move away from associating solely these people with those actions - it happens everyday in the West and the East with no discrimination. It's only being given attention by the media because this is a point of a complete and utter breakdown in order and a time of crisis in the world.

Now, I'm not moaning at you at all or trying to intimidate you and cause a row but your comments on these issues, like many others on this site, are very unreasonable. Regardless of whether or not they are opinions, we have the right to agree and disagree.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
Isn't this a tad unreasonable? I mean, you're using specific incidents with certain groups of people to define an entire race. I'm sure if British and American citizens started sweeping into Easter Europe and Asia because of some crisis (although this would never happen), you'd get similar cases occurring. Not everybody from the countries in question are good people and the same goes for any country in the West. Everybody is just scared and freaking out, which is understandable, but you must accept that that's as far as your protest goes. The West shoulders this because it is partially to blame for the events arising in the first place. Not to mention that many of the people moving into the West from the Middle East have no intention of causing such chaos and harm - they simply have no where else to go and have lost everything. Don't tell me we wouldn't do the same should it happen to us. When they all or at least the majority start behaving in this one particular manner, then your point will have significant validity. However, until then, I'm sorry but it just does not hold.

There needs to be control, there needs to be regulation, and there needs to be a process. Just saying "no" is not helping anything. The sweeping perception of Islam and Middle Eastern people is not going to be helped by far-right policy, it's only going to be made worse. The majority of these people haven't done anything wrong. They have had their lives completely obliterated by war. We cry about Paris and Brussels whilst they are experiencing such bombings every single day. If it was going on in France, Belgium, Germany, England - everybody would be in absolute hysterics if countries weren't helping. They need a chance to integrate and the people who do cause chaos, who do rape, who do murder, should be removed or imprisoned just as anybody else who commits such crimes should be. We need to move away from associating solely these people with those actions - it happens everyday in the West and the East with no discrimination. It's only being given attention by the media because this is a point of a complete and utter breakdown in order and a time of crisis in the world.

Now, I'm not moaning at you at all or trying to intimidate you and cause a row but your comments on these issues, like many others on this site, are very unreasonable. Regardless of whether or not they are opinions, we have the right to agree and disagree.

Some of us live in the real world not some utopian idealistic dream on a race to the bottom like the left wing does.
Original post by TheSuingEU
Some of us live in the real world not some utopian idealistic dream on a race to the bottom like the left wing does.

But you don't live in the real world because you believe that the actions of a few illustrate the actions of the masses. That is illogical. It's basic stereotyping. And don't give me none of this 'left wing/leftist/the liberals' ********, speak plainly and not like you're trying to prove you understand politics, or not at all.

Quick Reply

Latest