Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dumping your girlfriend for someone more attractive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    That is a douchebag move. Dump her so she can move on to someone better :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    This is only my opinion, but people who place more value on looks rather than anything else really don't deserve to have a relationship, and are destined for failure Since looks only last for so long and, without meaning to sound cheesy and fanciful, but there is so much more to a person than just their outer shell.

Who said I was going to do that or even in a relationship? I was just asking what you would do in that situation?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Who said I was going to do that or even in a relationship? I was just asking what you would do in that situation?
    there is no "situation"
    a more attractive person existing is not a "situation".

the existence and interest of another attractive person is only a situation if you yourself are shallow.
    so really what you're asking is 1. how shallow are you? 2. what are the real reasons you are in a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    would you do it?
    atttractive in what way as in 'understands you work a 60 hour week , work comes home and i will travel alot to meet clients'
    or a 'massive boobs and a nice ass' or a 'she's smart and funny compared to the original girlfriend'

ReputationRep:
    would you do it?

There is so much more to a relationship than that. Never leave your relationship just because someone 'looks nicer'. Say your girlfriend is average looking but a great personality, would you really want to leave that for a girl that is more attractive but less of a connection or not trustworthy.

If you do love your girlfriend then you should accept her. As no relationship will work if you drop them the moment someone prettier walks by. If my girlfriend had to shave her head for whatever reason one day, I'd be concerned as to her reasoning, but she would still be attractive and I wouldn't think of looking elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Why'd you even go into a relationship if the only thing that matters to you is looks?

ReputationRep:
    I mean say your current girlfriend was short, not well built, a bit hairy, black etc but then the alternative was a tall attractive, fit blonde girl?

Frankly if it was the former what a nightmare.
    You sound and probably look ugly anyway.

Jog on you pathetic coward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.