The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3N- Aspects of International Relations 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm predicting Cuba is going to come up, specifically the end of Cuba and its impact on IR. I'm also going to predict the end of the Cold War as the other question.
Reply 21
Original post by dyezrawna
I'm predicting Cuba is going to come up, specifically the end of Cuba and its impact on IR. I'm also going to predict the end of the Cold War as the other question.

Yeah, the end of the cold war is likely.
Does no one think post-cold war relations will come up?

How do you all think the questions will be worded?
It seems unlikely that a origins of the CW or a detente question could come up - papers have followed a fairly consistent pattern of not asking similar questions two years in a row. It seems incredibly unlikely that two questions would involve post 1991 relations. Who even answers the breadth questions? How does anyone manage to dumb down the incredibly complicated causes and elongating factors of the cold war into a 45 minute essay?
Anyone know where I can get good information to revise nato from?
Original post by BaeBlade
It seems unlikely that a origins of the CW or a detente question could come up - papers have followed a fairly consistent pattern of not asking similar questions two years in a row. It seems incredibly unlikely that two questions would involve post 1991 relations. Who even answers the breadth questions? How does anyone manage to dumb down the incredibly complicated causes and elongating factors of the cold war into a 45 minute essay?

The breadth questions arent that bad actually, aqa have said you need less detail, it'a more of a "skimming the surface" question
What could they ask a breadth question on?
Reply 27
A section 3 question has only ever come up once before and it was in 2014 so surely that section is due a question?
Could they maybe ask a question on what the causes of the second cold war from 1981 to 1985 was. Like to what extent were Ronald Reagan's aggressive policies toward the USSR responsible for the emergrnce of a second cold war?
Original post by Alex Frampton
Could they maybe ask a question on what the causes of the second cold war from 1981 to 1985 was. Like to what extent were Ronald Reagan's aggressive policies toward the USSR responsible for the emergrnce of a second cold war?

I hope so, I just did that question and it's quite nice. Although it all severely interlinks so I'm not too sure

I wrote:

Changing US attitudes
Failure of detente
Increasing arms race
Original post by LydiaIsaacs
I hope so, I just did that question and it's quite nice. Although it all severely interlinks so I'm not too sure

I wrote:

Changing US attitudes
Failure of detente
Increasing arms race

Yeah that works,
My approach would be a little different talking about the fear of old soviet leadership of not wanting to be caught out by a usprise attack aswell as reagans policies which ultimatley resulted in not enough communication between the two sides
Yeah that works,
My approach would be a little different talking about the fear of old soviet leadership of not wanting to be caught out by a usprise attack aswell as reagans policies which ultimatley resulted in not enough communication between the two sides

Sounds good, it's a nice question in all fairness. That with the Cuban Missile Crisis would be delightful
Yeah that'd be decent, just trying to plan a question on consequences of the korean war. I'm thinking acceleration of U.S policy, globalisation of cold war and militarisation of cold war.
Any ideas?
Yeah that'd be decent, just trying to plan a question on consequences of the korean war. I'm thinking acceleration of U.S policy, globalisation of cold war and militarisation of cold war.
Any ideas?

i doubt that this could be specifically asked as a question it would more just be a point to include in another essay, well at least thats what i thought
Reply 34
Does anyone else think it's risky not revising 4.11 EU expansion? My teacher said it would be super hard to ask a depth question on it. Plus, section 4 has been examined in depth for the past 3 exams. Agh I'm worried
Original post by adskay
Does anyone else think it's risky not revising 4.11 EU expansion? My teacher said it would be super hard to ask a depth question on it. Plus, section 4 has been examined in depth for the past 3 exams. Agh I'm worried

With less than 24 hours to go, I'm not going to focus my efforts into learning anything new.
Reply 36
So have you learnt 4.11 EU Expansion 1991-2004 or not?
Original post by adskay

i have learnt it but would not answer a question on it by choice, only if i really didnt like one of the others. i dont feel i have enough detail to answer a question well
Original post by adskay

No, I know from 1945-91 (not including the events of 1991)
Original post by adskay

I don't think it's risky. If you have revised 45-91 well enough, you will be fine, just make sure you are prepared to answer any question on it.
I am doing this too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending