Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Questions to ANYONE who has cheated.. Watch

(Original post by donutellme)
    Would you tell your next partner that you're a cheater? If they asked or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Current one already knows. We discussed fully at the start and he understood my reasons for starting and ending and is fine with it. This was at least 10y ago now.
    I wouldn't do it again. Getting out of a 4y cheating situation was difficult and messy. Towards the end I was constantly on edge.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    What was the reason for the sex rejection?

I certainly lost interest in sex with him and towards the end felt nothing emotionally so would say that I was tired or feeling unclean etc.
    Urgh, I hope she isnt a user on here.. **** it.

She was worried that this relationship would end up being like her last where she felt sex was the only thing that was driving the relationship along. I dont know if thats a valid enough reason but she does worry about everything, she's normally very open about her worries to me so she tells me everything.

Urgh, I hope she isnt a user on here.. **** it.

She was worried that this relationship would end up being like her last where she felt sex was the only thing that was driving the relationship along. I dont know if thats a valid enough reason but she does worry about everything, she's normally very open about her worries to me so she tells me everything.
    It's valid if you're only ever having sex when you see each other and everything else seems a bit bland/boring.
    Being intimate with a partner shouldn't just be capable with your clothes off.
    If she doesn't want sex to 'drive it' is she suggesting other things she wants to 'drive it'?

It's valid if you're only ever having sex when you see each other and everything else seems a bit bland/boring.
    Being intimate with a partner shouldn't just be capable with your clothes off.
    If she doesn't want sex to 'drive it' is she suggesting other things she wants to 'drive it'?
    Every time I go down to see her we always end up having sex, its not that its all I'm going to see her for but more that it just leads to that. We normally just cuddle and talk for the entire night, sometimes watch movies and stuff.

If this helps we always say how much we mean to each other and cant wait to spend summer together, go places and do things. The affection isnt just stuck to physical stuff, a lot of emotional stuff too.

ReputationRep:
    I cheated on/off on my partner for 4 years.

Nothing was different at first (I was cheating with someone who lived 2h away so it didn't affect our 'immediate' lives). Whenever it got too much, I would stop cheating (the other guy understood). The sex eventually stopped and we became more friends than 'lovers'.

Eventually, I realised I wasn't happy in my relationship and decided to leave both my bf and the person I was cheating with.
    Did my bf ever find out? No.
    Did we live together? No - living together would have been harder to cheat/hide.
    Do I still talk to the other guy? No. We occasionally talk online but it's strange and pointless.
    Would I do it again? No. It was fun whilst it lasted but I was nearly caught several times and I put myself through a lot of upset. I hurt the other guy a lot too as he fell in love with me over the course of the 4y.
    Why decide to be in a relationship, just to end up cheating?

That makes no sense. I have never cheated just because I could never hurt someone who I was meant to be in a "relationship" with.

Nah. That's just callous.

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit personal and a bit of a long shot if im honest, but its worth the try.

When you cheated on your partner, was anything different between you both? Did you manage to keep the same attitude and stay the same even though you were seeing someone else?

Did you be honest and tell them about the other guy/girl? Or did you let them find out or just break up with them without being honest?
    It wasn't different and I didn't tell. When I broke up it wasn't because of cheating

ReputationRep:

Nothing was different at first (I was cheating with someone who lived 2h away so it didn't affect our 'immediate' lives). Whenever it got too much, I would stop cheating (the other guy understood). The sex eventually stopped and we became more friends than 'lovers'.

Eventually, I realised I wasn't happy in my relationship and decided to leave both my bf and the person I was cheating with.
    Did we live together? No - living together would have been harder to cheat/hide.
    Do I still talk to the other guy? No. We occasionally talk online but it's strange and pointless.
    Would I do it again? No. It was fun whilst it lasted but I was nearly caught several times and I put myself through a lot of upset. I hurt the other guy a lot too as he fell in love with me over the course of the 4y.
    Socio alert

ReputationRep:

This is a bit personal and a bit of a long shot if im honest, but its worth the try.

When you cheated on your partner, was anything different between you both? Did you manage to keep the same attitude and stay the same even though you were seeing someone else?

Did you be honest and tell them about the other guy/girl? Or did you let them find out or just break up with them without being honest?
    I wanted the escape but didn't want to leave because a) he was very manipulative and I didn't know how and b) I considered him to be my best friend and we loved each other.

It's probably difficult to believe that I could love someone whilst cheating at the same time. There was a clear difference between 'making love' and 'just sex'
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOx10tothepowerof9000L
    You cheat, then you try and justify a reason, being so delusional you believed cheating was right?

Sorry, you cheated, if you were being manipulated, you wouldnt have really noticed until after the relationship, so it just sounds like justification for cheating.

I would just like to add that cheating mentality is going to stick with you in marriage. because you "think you can get away with it", and then when you are caught "OMG I didnt know :'( " etc...
    Pls dont get married and break a poor mans heart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.