Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So you're going to completely ignore the issue of laws and EU supremacy of law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanteaparty)
    2 CHILD POLICY BABY. I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS! IT SOLVES EVERY PROBLEM. THE HOUSING CRISIS, THE NHS, THE ECONOMY, TRANSPORT, EDUCATION.
    2 CHILD POLICY WILL SAVE THIS COUNTRY.

Yes I am being serious.
    This is what I was thinking, 2 is a fair number and allows the population to reduce steadily over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    So you're going to completely ignore the issue of laws and EU supremacy of law?
    I have referenced it.

But there is bigger issues than law control, Most them laws in the EU ain't so bad anyway apart from immigration related laws and probably a few others.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    OP be like the villain of V for Vendetta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    I have referenced it.

But there is bigger issues than law control, Most them laws in the EU ain't so bad anyway apart from immigration related laws and probably a few others.
    Just because we don't have bad laws now doesn't mean we won't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    OP be like the villain of V for Vendetta

In a time of economic decline in the Russia & China not having enough fresh water supply's & global warming there is large reason for war to come!

ReputationRep:
    LEAVE - The UK is practically full, A country that can't produce enough food for it's people and has to take imports is not a country that would be safe if there was to be a war.

If we stay the population will continue to increase from immigrants, And the longer we wait the worse the situation will become and the harder it will be for people to choose to leave because imports will be a larger issue as imports deals will be 100% needed so the EU is then the better option but the population will just continue to grow making a war worse off than if it happened in a UK without the EU.

People who say stay in the EU and continue to take imports & immigrants, that is a bad idea as the population will come to a point where if there was a war cutting the UK off from European imports the population will be too damn high to keep everyone fed causing Anarchy and riot's.

If you think war is not going to happen in the UK, it's not impossible Russia like's to come by and test UK response systems and Russia is a country of economic decline right now so they could be looking to take over some land just like the Argies in 1982.

*The UK can currently feed just 85% of the population a good diet without imports, staying in the EU would require more homes for immigrants lowering farming yields from farming lands been used for construction.
    you argument is good but as a leave voter plenty of other thing swayed my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Just because we don't have bad laws now doesn't mean we won't
    True, the EU hasn't been around so long 23 years just about, So alot is still to come from the EU in terms of new crisis just like the recent immigrant crisis. The EU tends to be relaxed on many laws and not tightened on them.

ReputationRep:
    True, the EU hasn't been around so long 23 years just about, So alot is still to come from the EU in terms of new crisis just like the recent immigrant crisis. The EU tends to be relaxed on many laws and not tightened on them.
    Again, doesn't mean they won't in 50 years or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    LEAVE - The UK is practically full, A country that can't produce enough food for it's people and has to take imports is not a country that would be safe if there was to be a war.
    Absolute bull****!

We produce enough food to feed the entire of the UK and export for a profit.

ReputationRep:
    I want to leave the EU but your argument is stupid

ReputationRep:
    Again, doesn't mean they won't in 50 years or whatever.
    In 50 years the EU could just fully open borders with non EU countries that would be a bad decision and many other bad decisions could also be made, But in the short term the EU is in a fairly decent place, But it is still a better option to leave.

I get the view that some people don't support leave because they expect thing's to 100% go wrong and so like to keep things the same as they are currently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You do realise we import food from all over the world and no just the EU?
    Why does the EU need to stop its population increasing? most countries are the same they choose to import rather than grow because they can afford to.

They can be self sufficient if they want to but prefer ro make more money manufacturing and using service industries, then import produce cheaply from abroad.

We arent about to enter a war, nut if we were, then we could expan our food production. the other aspect is that any war would likely have devastating consequences , so food wouldnt be the issue. The EU has 450 million people excluding the UK. They must have let in about 1.5m asylim seekers. So less than .0.3% or 3 per thousand. At least 50% of those will be deported.
    "They must have let in about 1.5m asylim seekers. So less than .0.3% or 3 per thousand. At least 50% of those will be deported."

Are you mad? Talk about jumping to conclusions. Germany let in over 1m 'refugees' in just 2015 and you think it's 1.5m throughout the whole of Europe. 50% will be deported. Yea was that 50 from a random number generator. Need to re-assess your finger movements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Absolute bull****!

Not according to sources I have read up on:
    http://www.theguardian.com/environme...n-farmers-warn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ed-itself.html

ReputationRep:
    Absolute bull****!

Back in the real world people are dying in the streets because they can't get food and more and more families are queuing up at food banks because they have become desperate like never before and need help to eat just to survive and you spout this crap. Accept facts or don't waste your energy

ReputationRep:
    They forget the part where we throw away tonnes of food before it is even sold because of the ridiculous food standards imposed by the supermarkets for aesthetically pleasing fruit and veg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyscott7)
    Back in the real world people are dying in the streets because they can't get food and more and more families are queuing up at food banks because they have become desperate like never before and need help to eat just to survive and you spout this crap. Accept facts or don't waste your energy
    That isn't because of the lack of food though. That is a lack of money.

Get your facts right.

ReputationRep:
    Just looking at one of my sources:

"But we live in uncertain times and events such as the Icelandic ash cloud and the fires and droughts in Russia a few years ago bring home the importance of self-sufficiency. Action is needed now to reverse this negative trend."

If Russia is having drought & Russia has bad economy at moment and we also get alot of gas from Russia the UK needs to do something to protect itself. Russia probably feels like expanding lands right now with problems like these this could link in with those Russian jet's flying illegally in to UK airspace along with other country's airspace to test response times.

ReputationRep:
    They forget the part where we throw away tonnes of food before it is even sold because of the ridiculous food standards imposed by the supermarkets for aesthetically pleasing fruit and veg.
    I heard of this, But in times like today the UK is on route to only been able to grow enough food to feed 50% of the population and I doubt they throw 50% of what is grown away more like 10% at the tops, meaning that there would be a 40% lack in food sufficiency if they don't calculate this stuff in to how much we produce for ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanteaparty)
    2 CHILD POLICY BABY. I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS! IT SOLVES EVERY PROBLEM. THE HOUSING CRISIS, THE NHS, THE ECONOMY, TRANSPORT, EDUCATION.
    2 CHILD POLICY WILL SAVE THIS COUNTRY.

Yes I am being serious.
    I think rather than a two child policy (Obviously it's impractical for some people, impossible for others), you mean a pro-natalist policy? Encourage people to have more children based on discounts on travel, tax credits depending on the number of children. It's done in France, and it works rather well.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.