Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I matched with my Friends Boyfriend on Tinder ? Should I tell her ? Watch

(Original post by brainhuman)
    Talk to him but let him dictate things, i.e. do not lead. See what he gets up to. If it gets to the point where he asks for sex, tell your friend.

I wouldn't do it before, because she would probably just say stop and not find out the true extent of his preparedness for infidelity.
    That could go on for days haha

very few guys ask for sex, most spend ages talking about hobbies

ok I told him work at House of Fraser and then we talked about shopping for a while

I asked him what sort of relationship he was looking for and he said

'nothing particular in mind but open to long term if I meet the right person '

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Then her friend gets angry at her for continuing to chat once she'd realised who it was. Great plan
    no but if she says something like "so what are you looking for?" then he says "sex wbu" then she can reply "you disgusting scum bag. I'm showing your gf. she deserves better" - then shows her friend. problem solved

I think you should, whilst you might not know the inner workings of their relationship (maybe tinder is ok for them?), it's safe to assume that your friend thinks it is an exclusive relationship and tinder isn' the type of place males go on just to chat. If he matched with you he matched with others and who knows how many people he has met up with.

It's up to you and it depends on how close a friend you consider her, if she is a good mate then you almost have a responsibility to protect her against things like this; I only say this because if you don't tell her and it comes out later, it'll start affecting you directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senile Stranger)
    no but if she says something like "so what are you looking for?" then he says "sex wbu" then she can reply "you disgusting scum bag. I'm showing your gf. she deserves better" - then shows her friend. problem solved
    Touché

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My friend has been going out with her new boyfriend for about 6 months ?

Ive only met her boyfriend twice during Drink Sessions. He goes to a different uni (in the same city) and my friend lives off campus so I dont see her that often anymore

However, I matched with him on Tinder and I dont think he recognises me as he dropped a cheesy pick up line and asked me if I work or study

I didnt reply, but should I tell my friend ?
    I think I may know who it is, he's in London right?

(Original post by Omen96)
    I think I may know who it is, he's in London right?
    Nah Cairo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.