Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have NO friends. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VXRT)
    I have severe confidence issues. They have stemmed from obviously not really being in a very social environment so now its weird.

I have self-esteem issues and these are obviously the root of the problem. I do get "shy" around people and dont really talk that much and people see this as me being "stuck up". Its difficult to describe something you dont know yourself..
    interesting you say that people think you're stuck up. Do you have aspergers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VXRT)
    The problem is my year is very *****y and i am just someone who does not want to get involved with all the drama
    then dont force yourself to make friends with these ppl, try people who do similar hobbies/sports/activites

(Original post by VXRT)
    i am petrified that what if i still have NO friends when i start university.
    Dont be scared, just be you, Im sure youll find at least some friends, its not as bad as you think

(Original post by VXRT)
    I know the issues are with myself and i do tend to push people away as i am one of those people who wont text first kind of thing and wont ask too come out or do something until i get asked as i am afraid of rejection.

I can come across as "stuck up" but i am not, people also say they thought i did not like them and i do not know what i do that makes people think this.
    This is good, you can admit which areas you need to improve on and become more approachable so act on what youve identified,try texting first, it wont kill you, ask what people are doing on the weekends and roll with any rejections, no one gets accepted everytime 100% but no one is rejected everytime 100% either, try or youll never know!

ReputationRep:
    LUCKY FU**ING YOU. Back in year 7-9 I was always the joker, everyone loved me but then I started hating most people, I just wanted to be by myself in solitude, My life goal is to get rich and die alone, however I'm being pressured into asking girls that like me to prom and even when I don't make a joke people still laugh, I ask why, they say "lol kharis, its because everything you do is funny." Wot. How am I meant to understand that, I wish I had no friends except for maybe my best mate. I wish I had no emotions, I just want to be the epitome of Pure Efficiency. Help QQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    Uni is a place where u meet new people so it would be easier to introduce urself. My biggest advice would be :BE YOURSELF
    I get your point but sometimes BE YOURSELF should include MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TON OF CONFIDENCE FIRST.

You see, being yourself will cause you to embrace your uniqueness and passions which the vast majority may not share or agree with, you are completely right that this should not deter you from being yourself but still it comes with a warning you better be damn confident (preferably mentally and physically) to BE YOURSELF effectively

(Original post by M14B)
    University is a lot better for making friends.
    Just curious, do you speak from personal experience or from seeing/hearing about other ppl?

(Original post by DiddyDec)
    You may have come to the wrong place.
    The first page will be full of random dismissive comments ( see what I did?), memes and quotes (from me) and ppl thirsty for reps/whitekinghts/trolls but I feel from pg2+ some good advice is here on TSR

(Original post by Arima)
    Literally every course of every uni probably has a Facebook group right now for the next academic year. And i don't even know why I'm complaining, i should just get Facebook after avoiding it for so many years
    Why are you avoiding fb? I take it you dont have instagram/other social media atm??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    then dont force yourself to make friends with these ppl, try people who do similar hobbies/sports/activites

Dont be scared, just be you, Im sure youll find at least some friends, its not as bad as you think

This is good, you can admit which areas you need to improve on and become more approachable so act on what youve identified,try texting first, it wont kill you, ask what people are doing on the weekends and roll with any rejections, no one gets accepted everytime 100% but no one is rejected everytime 100% either, try or youll never know!
    This is what i do and the reason i have no friends, although sometimes i count myself lucky because im impartial and the way some people speak about their "friends" makes me even more paranoid.

I know university (well i dont know but as suggested) is a completely different environment too school and i really hope it is, i know i am the reason and i dont really shift the blame on people because 100 people cant all be weird for not wanting to be friends with me maybe im the weird one...

I think the texting and making friends at this school is way too late and tbh no one here likes ANYONE im positive my school is the only one like this or maybe every school is the same but no one here really wants anything to do with each other after 4pm, during lunch and breaks and frees everyone is best of friends but outside of here no one really has "friends". Im really wishing that university is HUGELY different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Jickleson)
    interesting you say that people think you're stuck up. Do you have aspergers?
    No, i have been brought up in a private school environment and over time you think you and your school friends are better than the rest (its literally what you get taught) but as i have grown up (actually more recently in the last 2-3months) you realise this is not actually the case and never has been.

My biggest issue is my attitude and infact my attitude is my only issue.

ReputationRep:

Just curious, do you speak from personal experience or from seeing/hearing about other ppl?

personal as I am at Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VXRT)

I deleted all forms of social media (so dumb i know) but i am scared of it, simply because i hate some people that i used to "know" or be "friends" with and tbh i do not want to re-connect with them at all. Also i know i will have to go back to social media at some point as without it its next to impossible in this day and age to make friends and connect with them -.-
    yeah i get what you mean!!! I've had twitter/insta before but deleted them 2 years ago, my myspace (lol) has been inactive since like year 8 and my MSN has been dead for years .. everyone I used to talk to has changed so much probably, i mean given that i'm a totally different person compared to what i was back then... i think i'd be faced with a whole lot of rejection or "um who's this again?" if i ever wanted to reconnect. And then there's the effort of maintaining new social media accounts..... no thanks..

ReputationRep:
    Why are you avoiding fb? I take it you dont have instagram/other social media atm??
    i avoided it mostly because i had many older siblings/cousins who thought i was too young for social media. They were too overprotective in a sense, kept going on about "stranger danger" where "internet people might act like they're younger to be your friend but really they're 50 yrs old and grooming you @[email protected]!"@!%@^$%&@". When they found my myspace account during year 7 they lost their **** LOL..

Obviously they've loosened up over the years. Only way i keep in contact with friends is via Skype, tumblr or whatsapp nowadays. I've considered getting on more social media platforms lately (I'm new to TSR too) but it's the effort of reconnecting and maintaining those accounts that puts me off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.