• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Drunq)
    Solution: Live outside of London
    Another solution: Get a morgage
    Third solution: Get a girlfriend/wife(a very rich one)
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    I replied with as much wit as the original reply.
    Very little then.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Some quick simple steps to solve the housing crisis:
    1. Make thread on TSR
    2. Make petition to the Gov't
    3. ????
    4. Profit
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry. I couldn't help myself :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Professional mortgage

ReputationRep:
    Housing shortage is a result of regulation restriction building and development. Those laws will eventually be reformed, although probably not until the situation becomes very desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Afford? Houses? :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by uktotalgamer)
    How on earth are you meant to afford moving out by yourself?

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You're not. Now sit down, shut up, study hard, go to uni, run up debts, do a masters, more debts, compete for scanty grad jobs, earn a crust, slowly pay down your student finance debts, whilst incurring fresh ones, dream of your own property, forever living at home, forever alone, dream of doing things that make you feel alive, work for the man instead, finally get to pension age, retire, enjoy a couple of years wondering where the **** your life went, then die. Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    London is overpriced imo where I live a big House costs way less than that

ReputationRep:
    [/spoiler]
    True, this is why you migrate to a country that isn't pretending to be a first rate power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.m)
    Go to LSE, become an investment banker, save up and buy a house. Revise for your GCSEs!
    lol when first I saw that post I was like :eek:
    and then I realised who it was

ReputationRep:
    True, this is why you migrate to a country that isn't pretending to be a first rate power
    Not sure what link you're drawing here? The UK is forecast to leapfrog Germany and Japan in the in the next couple of decades, becoming the 4th largest economy in the world. The housing crisis is a major monopolistic market failure but, arguably, emblematic of the same Crony Capitalism, and light-touch regulation/legislation, that have made Anglo-America look like the success stories of the post-modern age (even if they do, in fact, have very sick balance sheets) :scrooge:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what link you're drawing here? The UK is forecast to leapfrog Germany and Japan in the in the next couple of decades, becoming the 4th largest economy in the world. The housing crisis is a major monopolistic market failure but, arguably, emblematic of the same Crony Capitalism, and light-touch regulation/legislation, that have made Anglo-America look like the success stories of the post-modern age (even if they do, in fact, have very sick balance sheets) :scrooge:
    Lol who cares about the size of the economy, Norway, Germany, even with the migrant issues Sweden still poll higher in happiness, the thing that actually matters.

ReputationRep:
    [/spoiler]
    Ugh. This post is so true. Nice reality check lol.

Not live in London?

ReputationRep:
    We won't, I'm going to decorate my own little bin bag

You're all invited to my future house, I'll make tea!

ReputationRep:
    Lol who cares about the size of the economy
    The vast majority of those involved in PPE, unfortunately

Norway, Germany, even with the migrant issues Sweden still poll higher in happiness
    Those countries are getting raped, and not just in terms of mass migration (and associated rape gangs), 'The Nordic Model' or 'Swedish Model' is a lovely idea, but failing, sadly to deliver relatively sterling per capita improvements in productivity in SWE, the past generation or so

the thing that actually matters
    Health and happiness matter most, for sure, but both are continent upon purchasing power, and hence standard of living, of the household, to some extent (granted there is more to it than that)

Also, if you prop up an economic system with mass migration you risk upsetting finely tuned/balanced socio-demographic and institutional environments that influence cohesion, security, and hence happiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzahPatel)
    The average terraced house in London is £612,175! House prices rise much faster than wages and are becoming less and less affordable. Wtf will most of the next generation do
    Anywhere except London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Housing shortage is a result of regulation restriction building and development. Those laws will eventually be reformed, although probably not until the situation becomes very desperate.
    Are they really? Everywhere I look they are building places to live.

In 2008 I moved into an area. I then moved away in 2011, already then they had added quite a few high rises. Came back again last year, the place is unrecognizable. Where before you could see the sky, there are multiple new high rises now.

My own personal experience, and just looking everywhere you can see they are building.

I also don't the myth of the green belt being the reason. There are plenty of cheap places outside you can go to, that are nowhere near being overcrowded.

It's just that everyone, and with that I mean everyone, the whole world, rich foreigners, wanting a property in London.

ReputationRep:
    lol when first I saw that post I was like :eek:
    and then I realised who it was
    lool my g

ReputationRep:
    The average terraced house in London is £612,175! House prices rise much faster than wages and are becoming less and less affordable. Wtf will most of the next generation do
    LOLOL-sorry but I dont know which part of London you are talking about, coz where I live in London-houses start £660,000! I would kinda be living my dream if I find out which part of London you are talking about,...

ReputationRep:
    NEVER

(Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun)
    LOLOL-sorry but I dont know which part of London you are talking about, coz where I live in London-houses start £660,000! I would kinda be living my dream if I find out which part of London you are talking about,...
    Houses on the outer boroughs of London start at £400k

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.