Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What many people fail to appreciate about TSR is.. watch

Nice post, good outweighs the bad 100% :yes:

But some things are just not necessary and can do more damage than you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    It just made me think, how much people on here make me happy and how amazing they are. It's more than a study help forum. And your welcome!
    You are dead right to think that way, it is more than just a study forum - im suprised at how well i get on people on tsr! Its a good way to unwind after a stressful day!

ReputationRep:
    I know, that's the beauty of it. A lot of people fail to appreciate it - it's more than just a website and everyone is so welcoming and friendly.
    Indeed!
    Exactly! If they joined they would find that out but they dont so they wont!
    Agreed! Ive come across a coupke of nasty people but everyone else has been mega friendly!!!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Haha fair enough :rofl:

Some people will but that's the way everything goes - you can't please everyone. I really liked it though
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that is true, to be honest they are entitled to their own opinion.

(Original post by ihatePE)
    TSR has a lovely community and that's what keeps me coming back, although sometimes i'm able to stay away for a week or so but mostly, it is cosy. *_*
    I know, for a lot of people it can be a good way to communicate and interact and it is an easy way to talk to people. I remember staying away for several months then committing full time and I've never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that is true, to be honest they are entitled to their own opinion.

I know, for a lot of people it can be a good way to communicate and interact and it is an easy way to talk to people. I remember staying away for several months then committing full time and I've never looked back.
    Absolutely:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    You are dead right to think that way, it is more than just a study forum - im suprised at how well i get on people on tsr! Its a good way to unwind after a stressful day!
    I know, sometimes when I have a free period I go on the site and click the homepage button haha!

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Indeed!
    Exactly! If they joined they would find that out but they dont so they wont!
    Agreed! Ive come across a coupke of nasty people but everyone else has been mega friendly!!!
    I agree, even some users on here can take the site the wrong way or just troll and not really understand that it's a good way to talk to people.

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Nice post, good outweighs the bad 100% :yes:

But some things are just not necessary and can do more damage than you think
    True, no I agree with you there. We all use TSR for different purposes but a lot of people will agree that most people have made friends here.

True, no I agree with you there. We all use TSR for different purposes but a lot of people will agree that most people have made friends here.
    Of course hehe I'm in a few of those groupchats you mentioned...

No doubt being in those GCs have given me a wider perspective of TSR as a whole, and has allowed me to see the more ugly side of it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Of course hehe I'm in a few of those groupchats you mentioned...

No doubt being in those GCs have given me a wider perspective of TSR as a whole, and has allowed me to see the more ugly side of it.
    I agree, if I didn't get to know people on here then I would have logged off and never came back. This site enticed me, the people were interesting and everyone is from different walks of life. I speak to people younger and older than me. It's not about cliques and popularity but rather individuality and the people itself. You won't get on with most people but that is life. TSR prepared me in terms of diversity and understanding people.

TSR IS AMAZING!
    I've met so many people on TSR with different types of personalities.I've told my friends about TSR,but they don't want to try it out since they have Snapchat or Facebook.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They're just missing out

ReputationRep:
    I agree, even some users on here can take the site the wrong way or just troll and not really understand that it's a good way to talk to people.
    Youre right there. Luckily there doesnt appear to be too many of them!!
    Its a great way to talk to people! Its helped massively with my lonliness!!!
    There are still many new people joining and thats a positive sign!!

ReputationRep:
    Less a community, more a cult of the chronically insecure.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    TSR IS AMAZING!
    I've met so many people on TSR with different types of personalities.I've told my friends about TSR,but they don't want to try it out since they have Snapchat or Facebook.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They're just missing out
    Ah they are missing out haha!

Youre right there. Luckily there doesnt appear to be too many of them!!
    Its a great way to talk to people! Its helped massively with my lonliness!!!
    There are still many new people joining and thats a positive sign!!
    Ah that is a good thing, it's fun and honestly there are so many different people, it doesn't get boring. Plus when I am struggling to sleep, I can literally post on TSR and not struggle in silence.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that is a good thing, it's fun and honestly there are so many different people, it doesn't get boring. Plus when I am struggling to sleep, I can literally post on TSR and not struggle in silence.
    Indeed it is!!
    It can never get boring. As you said there are so many different people on here who are extremely friendly and helpful!!
    And theres another positive!! There are other people going through the same issue and you can all help each other out!!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Indeed it is!!
    It can never get boring. As you said there are so many different people on here who are extremely friendly and helpful!!
    And theres another positive!! There are other people going through the same issue and you can all help each other out!!
    So true. I have met so many people who understand me and have even opened their eyes to a whole different world. It's easier to talk on here than to a stranger on a street.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    There are some really unique people around.

ReputationRep:
    That couldn't be more true, Rhythmical I've made quite a few friends here on TSR that I absolutely adore hahaha (that includes you too FireFreezer77 !!)
    TSR is honestly one of those "happiness" bubbles that I latch onto when I'm sad

I'm so glad that I joined TSR
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Noara)
    That couldn't be more true, Rhythmical I've made quite a few friends here on TSR that I absolutely adore hahaha (that includes you too FireFreezer77 !!)
    TSR is honestly one of those "happiness" bubbles that I latch onto when I'm sad

I'm so glad that I joined TSR
    Wish I could rep you again and I completely agree, I have made amazing friends here and honestly it's made me so happy!

ReputationRep:
    So true. I have met so many people who understand me and have even opened their eyes to a whole different world. It's easier to talk on here than to a stranger on a street.
    Ive experienced the same!
    There are lots of people on here who are really open about themselves which in turn helps others too!
    I agree 100% Especially where i live! No one is friendly at all!!!
    Whereas on here i can talk to people like you (your still my No.1 Quoted btw!) and enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    without TSR i would have to live in Mumsnet or 4chan :cry:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Ive experienced the same!
    There are lots of people on here who are really open about themselves which in turn helps others too!
    I agree 100% Especially where i live! No one is friendly at all!!!
    Whereas on here i can talk to people like you (your still my No.1 Quoted btw!) and enjoy it!
    I know and haha yay, I feel so loved by being number one quoter! And it's just easy and open to chat to someone. Plus a lot of people on here are on my wavelength and understand me. I find it hard to chat to people in real life.

(Original post by the bear)
    without TSR i would have to live in Mumsnet or 4chan :cry:
    Ew Mumsnet.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.