Have you ever broken a bone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    snapping boners is funny
    DA***! :'0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    You being serious? Wow!!!!
    My back wasn't as bad as it sounds as it was a compression fracture so it was out of hospital and hobbling round after a week. I broke my scapular on the first day of a weeks downhilling at bpw but it didn't show up on the x-Rays so I rode the rest of the week on it but I only found out 2 weeks later when I went back to hospital. Collar bone and ribs were on bikes too.I came fairly close to breaking my ankle last year when I high sided on a track day at blyton but somehow my boots saved me. I've had 2 concussions and septic arthritis in my elbow too, which was probably the worst of the lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Did you get run over by a rubbish truck? :\
    They were on separate occasions, the details are in my post above

(Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    My back wasn't as bad as it sounds as it was a compression fracture so it was out of hospital and hobbling round after a week. I broke my scapular on the first day of a weeks downhilling at bpw but it didn't show up on the x-Rays so I rode the rest of the week on it but I only found out 2 weeks later when I went back to hospital. Collar bone and ribs were on bikes too.I came fairly close to breaking my ankle last year when I high sided on a track day at blyton but somehow my boots saved me. I've had 2 concussions and septic arthritis in my elbow too, which was probably the worst of the lot.
    Holy ****!!!!!!!!! That's mental! They didn't get the fracture on the x-Ray!

I've done X-rays on the clavicle and some fractures are nasty as heck! Like wow! They look mega painful!! Wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    Lol. It just goes on and on is what's funny.
    And wtf is scapular, you know it's bad when you break **** you didn't know existed haha

ReputationRep:
    In 1997 i broke my neck.

ReputationRep:
    I have fracture my toe very recently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Holy ****!!!!!!!!! That's mental! They didn't get the fracture on the x-Ray!

I've done X-rays on the clavicle and some fractures are nasty as heck! Like wow! They look mega painful!! Wow!
    It was my scapular that didn't show up at first as the fracture was tiny, and because they were Welsh doctors. Apparently they're quite hard to break without damaging anything else in the shoulder so I was lucky really. Clavicle was at a different time, that was obviously broken as it looked like a house roof. It didn't hurt much at the time but battered for the next few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Lol. It just goes on and on is what's funny.
    And wtf is scapular, you know it's bad when you break **** you didn't know existed haha
    It's your shoulder blade. I was using proper names because everyone's smart af on here.

ReputationRep:
    broke my toe
    fractured metatarsal
    sprained ankle (multiple times)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Given my complete lack of coordination and clumsiness I think it's a miracle that I've never really properly injured myself before! Had a close call on a field trip a few weeks ago but was saved by my rucksack.

ReputationRep:
    No, I dislocated one of my toes once though!

ReputationRep:
    Luckily for me I have lived for nearly 20 years and have not so far broken any bone in my body

I think that is quite the achievement for me considering how clumsy I am !

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought most people have.

I have broken my left arm twice. My toe. My right foot. Broke a finger once too.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Surprisingly not! I have had stitches though from smashing my chin into a wall once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First day of A2 (2014) I got hit by a van and broke both the tib and fib. 19 months and 3 surgeries later it still hasn't healed haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No, I've only fractured bones and that was my ribs from excessive coughing when I had pneumonia. Didn't even know it was possible to fracture your ribs from that. I thought I had just pulled a lot of muscles until I got a xray done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've had a deliberate jaw dislocation but no broken bones, surprisingly. I've crashed my bike at 40mph down a hill, lucky one that, and have had some serious whacks in sailing, but it's all been good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    With how clumsy i am it feels like a miracle that the worst i've done is manage to sprain my neck and get tendinitis in my knee.
    Broke my shoulder when I was 10

ReputationRep:
    Never broken a bone, but I absolutely demolished the joints in my left pinky finger.

The great thing about breaking a bone is that you can set the bone and it will heal, but when you disintegrate a joint (and I'm not kidding, the one of the joints was broken into 6 or 7 pieces) that **** doesn't heal.

As such, my left pinky finger now doesn't bend properly and it will never heal .

EDIT: Accidentally quoted somebody, sorry for the notification .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.